What to buy?

/ What to buy? #11  
For any type of loader work 4x4 and shuttle shift would be a must for me.

They think I'm crazy too. I drive a 96 model truck that I gave less than $10,000 for, yet I bought a new 6000 4x4 in 2002 and just bought a new 7010 cab. I've wanted a new truck for a couple years now, but I just can't bring myself to spend the money.

/ What to buy? #12  
I once heard a wise old man tell me that the only difference in 2WD and 4WD is that with a 4WD you can get much farther into the swamp before you get stuck....(LOL). It's pretty much true. I've got the 4WD 6000 and never operated anything but 2WD prior to getting it. There really is no comparison. Save your sheckles and do it right the first time. BobG in VA

/ What to buy? #13  
I'm going to throw in my little bit of heresy now.
MFWD gives you better ground engagement than comparable 2WD, so some folks think it's OK to downsize your HP needs if $$ are tight.
with that in mind, what do you think of the 3215? it's got almost as much HP as the 3525 - but you get the added traction of the 4WD.

the 10 series were also very good machines - and i knew a contractor who used his 4110 with good effect in building houses, digging french drains through rock and clay, etc... (yes he had a backhoe, too)

I don't have a Mahindra dealer anywhere near me, but did when i was shopping 2 years ago and was very impressed with their stock, both for capabilities and comfort (I'm not petite), but I have no idea what pricing difference would be between their units right now.

and Bob, I don't know how deep i can get into the swamp with mine, but it's gotten me out of some nasty wetlands... :)

/ What to buy?
Good points one and all!

When I started this quest, I was impressed by the 3510. However, after looking at the machines, I'd prefer to buy an Indian built Mahindra. They own the quality control on those tractors. They look much more rugged. The most helpful dealer I spoke with told me the only Mahindras he gets back for maintenance work are the ones built by the Korean factory (3510).

The 4530s are built in India, correct?

I believe the 15 series are Japanese. They might interest me.

Who would guess buying a tractor could be so complicated?

Thanks,
Mike

/ What to buy? #15  
clarkmike said:
Good points one and all!

When I started this quest, I was impressed by the 3510. However, after looking at the machines, I'd prefer to buy an Indian built Mahindra. They own the quality control on those tractors. They look much more rugged. The most helpful dealer I spoke with told me the only Mahindras he gets back for maintenance work are the ones built by the Korean factory (3510).

The 4530s are built in India, correct?

I believe the 15 series are Japanese. They might interest me.

Who would guess buying a tractor could be so complicated?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike, many of us took years to make the choice that works best for each of us. It is a major investment and most of us plan on keeping our investment a long time. Best to do all the research that you can before you buy.

/ What to buy? #16  
Wow, clarkmike, I just responded to your post in the other section but I see now you've been here already.

I do think you can do your thing with 35-50hp and 2wd........."mission creep" is a bootch though:)

Good luck......

/ What to buy? #17  
JT61 said:
Mike,
I too have been reading and researching the past few months. Looks like I'll be purchasing a 4530 4wd Friday. I have a 25hp Kabota but needed to get something a little larger to handle the work load. I would agree with the post from my fellow Texican, get bigger than what you think, you'll need it one day.
JT61,
Where did you buy your 4530?
hugs, Brandi

/ What to buy? #18  
clarkmike said:
What do you think of a 4530 FWD with FEL and 100 hours for $17K?

I just went Mahindra shopping this past Saturday and the price for a new 4wd 4530 with FEL was around 22k. For only 100 hours, that doesn't seem that bad of a price.

/ What to buy? #19  
clarkmike said:
Folks,

I WANT the 4530....not sure I can afford it. My wife is not a fan of spending up to $20K on a tractor. Heck, our primary family car cost less than $12K new!

I can afford the 3525 and I like the simplicity of the tractor, but I'm concerned I'll regret not getting 4WD.

Guess I'll keep reading, learning, and saving and see where I sit in February.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike,
Keep saving the 4530 is worth it. I always told myself I didn't need or want 4wd. Now I wouldn't touch a tractor without it. :cool:

/ What to buy? #20  
Conn said:
I just went Mahindra shopping this past Saturday and the price for a new 4wd 4530 with FEL was around 22k. For only 100 hours, that doesn't seem that bad of a price.
Conn,
I talked to my friend and Mahindra salesman this afternoon. I asked him how much for a 4WD 4530 with FEL. He said last year he was selling them for 19,000.:cool: Now it is about $21,000.:eek: We are about 45 minutes from the Mahindra's Houston production warehouse, so your $22,000 price quote is about right. :)
hugs, Brandi