What spray lube do you like?

/ What spray lube do you like? #101  
"Spray Lube" or "Rust Buster"?

For rust busting I used to use Kroil, but the price has gotten outrageous.

I've started using a 50/50 (or so) mix of Acetone and ATF. I have some old Sure Shot sprayers that I refurbished and use, one with a long nylon flex hose.

Works quite well, better so far, than Kroil or anything else I have ever used. I would avoid getting it on a any painted surfaces you like the looks of though.

Someone suggested trying Marvel Mystery Oil instead of ATF. I may try that next time I mix some up.

For rust prevention/stopper, such as chassis/suspension parts, an old Jeep person told me about using a 50/50 mix of USED engine oil and USED ATF as a spray or wipe on. "used" probably for frugality as it's "Free".

Still using Wool Wax though for that.

/ What spray lube do you like? #102  
You have to give WD-40 some credit, though.

Tons of that inferior product are still being sold, for some reason. Bad habits are hard to get away from, I guess.
I think it comes down to this: trouble almost never arises from failing to use the best spray lubricant. Nearly all troubles that can blamed on lubrication come from a complete lack of it, and almost never your specific brand choice.

/ What spray lube do you like? #103  
WD-40 is primarily fish oil. All natural and among the most universal products out there…rust, loosening, mild lubricant, grill cleaner, fish bait enhancer,,,the list is almost endless. And yes, it won’t hurt you if you unintentionally get some in your eyes or mouth. Whether it’s right or not for your application is the only question.
About the fish oil, how do you know that? Isn't the formula secret?
And what in the world is "fish oil"?

/ What spray lube do you like? #104  
And what in the world is "fish oil"?
1692023715644.png

/ What spray lube do you like? #105  
As a side note, best thing ever for rust is Mystic Metal Mover, normally used for metal drilling lube. Best thing I have ever used For rust.

/ What spray lube do you like? #106  
I really miss the old formulation of MMM.

/ What spray lube do you like? #107  
I think it comes down to this: trouble almost never arises from failing to use the best spray lubricant. Nearly all troubles that can blamed on lubrication come from a complete lack of it, and almost never your specific brand choice.
I dunno. When dealing with the 1-1/4 diameter bolts that hold the loaders in place on my backhoes, I think the effectiveness of the penetrating oil can be crucial.

Those bolts are also pretty much a worst case scenario, being threaded in from the bottom and then having about an inch worth of hole above the end of the bolt, where water dirt and such collects.

Add to that that they may not have been removed in 30+ years, and I want the best possible liquid applied, before hitting them with the hydraulic impact, which is good for 2,500 ft.-lbs.
Breaking one of those bolts would put a damper on my day.

/ What spray lube do you like? #108  
John Deere all purpose lubricant spray - I know i might be paying for a name here but I tried other brands and I find the JD MP the best.

/ What spray lube do you like? #109  
I have been spraying Blaster silicone spray on everything. I love that stuff.

/ What spray lube do you like? #110  
The absolute best is "Strike Hold" no holds barred. No pun intended