Ballast What rear weights do you have?

/ What rear weights do you have? #22  
<font color="blue">For those of you that are too lazy to make your own wheel weights</font>
I don't understand the 'too lazy' comment. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Buying the exercise weights is the easy part. Building or buying the bracket is the hard part, particularly for those people who do not have access to a welder and the proper equipment to machine the steel.

<font color="blue">make your own wheel weights using barbells, check out this website: </font>
With EZ Weights you still have to use exercise weights. The EZ Weight people simply provide the bracket that bolts to the accessory holes on the wheel.

Since you are a new member, you might want to review the
Forum Rules and the Terms of Service.

/ What rear weights do you have? #23  
Easy Mike, he might not have meant it with any malice, could be he just forgot the /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif or the /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ What rear weights do you have? #24  
I use a 3 pt box on my 1500. That way it's easier to remove it and the FEL when I'm cutting the grass. Here's what I made out of some angle iron I had laying around. The weights and the rods they slide onto were picked up real cheap at a garage sale.

Attachments

• 355432-wb-rear.JPG
    355432-wb-rear.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 233
   / What rear weights do you have? #25  
I have a BX2200 with turfs on it.
I have the rear wheel weights which weigh approximately 53 pounds each, I used them for a short while as they were included when i bought the tractor .

I later got the front Hydraulic angle blade (BX2763) and felt that I needed more weight for traction and got the 8160 BALLAST BOX and put 300 pounds of bag sand in it.

From what little I have used it , This for me was a Wise decision. Plenty of weight and so far have plowed in 2 wheel drive,plus if I ever do need a FEL I will have the appropiate counterweights.

/ What rear weights do you have? #26  
I have bar tires filled with Rim-guard (beet juice) and today I mounted the Kubota weight box. When I sold my old tractor I gave the guy the weight box, but removed the weights... I had to find a place to put them, so I put all 500 of them into the Kubota box. I think that I have sufficient weight back there for any front end load... 506 bars X 1.25# = 632.5 lbs. Feels strange not having the backhoe on the tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Attachments

• 355592-MVC-005S.JPG
    355592-MVC-005S.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 211