What made this lawn damage?

/ What made this lawn damage? #21  

/ What made this lawn damage? #23  
Someone decided to fire a bunch of 12 ga slugs into the ground?

/ What made this lawn damage? #24  
Well heck, frogs dig holes like that too. If the holes are in shade and damp ground, it could be frogs. But frogs don't generally nest that close together. Any insect eating fauna will dig. ;)

/ What made this lawn damage? #26  
I also vote squirrel/chipmunk. They are doing this at my house now too, to find their buried nuts to eat. In the summer when they stash them, the hole is not very noticable (they cover it up, and grass fills in quick). You'd think the proper squirrel etiquette would be to at least fill in your nut hole. c'mon you stupid vermin.

/ What made this lawn damage? #27  
You would think that the Dingos would keep the Bandicoot population down in VA :)

/ What made this lawn damage? #28  
In the Ozarks, we're getting those from Armadillos. They can really make a mess of the lawn. You can spot them doing it at night, and they're not really smart. My sons use them for target practice.

/ What made this lawn damage? #29  
In the Ozarks, we're getting those from Armadillos. They can really make a mess of the lawn. You can spot them doing it at night, and they're not really smart. My sons use them for target practice.
I had one pesky determinEd armadillo until he got dumb and ventured out in daylight recently. They sure are heavy when carried off in a shovel. 🤣. I will say they are far smarter than possums.

/ What made this lawn damage? #30  
You probably have a grub infestation in your yard and the Skunks and Raccoons can smell them and are digging them up

You need to spray the yard or have it sprayed by a professional for grubs. Your holes will disappear and your grass will look better.