What made this lawn damage?

/ What made this lawn damage? #11  
I have similar from squirrels. Two months ago you would find an acorn at the bottom, now they are empty..............

Best,

ed

/ What made this lawn damage? #12  
We have a good supply of armadillos that frequently duplicate such arrangements.

/ What made this lawn damage?
I should have said S.Virginia, so no armadillo or bandicoots. They're not holes all the way through, just depressions.

/ What made this lawn damage? #16  
My guess is armadillos
That was my first thought too. Especially since there were so many of them. Vols tend to "tunnel" their way around the yard. Not sure about skunks.

/ What made this lawn damage? #17  
I should have said S.Virginia, so no armadillo or bandicoots. They're not holes all the way through, just depressions.
I wouldn't arbitrarily rule them out. I live in the northern part of SC, and we have plenty of them. And they are working their way north !

/ What made this lawn damage? #18  
We have the same dug up chunks of turf - saw opossums at dusk recently in the act. They have a rounded nose like one of the holes you have, and they love grubs.

/ What made this lawn damage? #20  
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned turkeys. That was my first thought. Have had them around here now and then. But their holes are not quite that deep.

Cheers,
Mike