What is in my yard

/ What is in my yard #21  
Don't know if you have shrews up there, but they leave a similar hole. Used to have em all over my yard when I was a kid

/ What is in my yard #22  
The holes are about the size of a golf ball. They are plugged up down an inch or so. No dirt on the surface like a mole.
I can not see a tunnel move like I see in the clips on line. But they collapse under you when you walk over them.
Could be some other critter using mole tunnels.

/ What is in my yard #23  
The holes are about the size of a golf ball. They are plugged up down an inch or so. No dirt on the surface like a mole.
I can not see a tunnel move like I see in the clips on line. But they collapse under you when you walk over them.
With that information a “badger” isn’t even close!

/ What is in my yard #24  
Thanks for the size comparison. The ones I've seen might have been the size of a golf ball, too. It's been a while and my memory is not the best. I think they were there in late fall or early winter. I was probably looking for black wallnuts so I could show my grandson how to drive them trough a hole in a board to remove the hull.
I did a search for images using the words (vole burrows South Carolina) and some of the pictures looked very close to the ones I've found in the pasture.

/ What is in my yard #25  
View attachment 759350
What's in my yard and how do I get rid of it. There is no mound like a mole have not seen anything and the sonic vibration things have done nothing.
Thanks
That looks like voles are active.

In my yard, I use a Castor Oil, detergent, and water mix to move them from areas where the burrows are a problem. Apparently, voles do not like Castor Oil. It works!

There are lots of online recipes for the mix and the process.

/ What is in my yard #26  
If your yard is close
View attachment 759350
What's in my yard and how do I get rid of it. There is no mound like a mole have not seen anything and the sonic vibration things have done nothing.
Thanks
Is your yard close to a wet area..or drainage ditch? I had these to on my airstrip...they were crawdads..

/ What is in my yard #28  
Hard to tell from the picture with nothing to reference for size/dimension but that looks a lot like when raccoons or possums hunt for grubs or bugs/larva in yard. I actually observed a raccoon making a kind of twisted round conical depression in my yard at 05:00 while hunting for something (we have a lot of grubs). The youngish raccoon had its nose to the ground while going in a circle which resulted in a 1 1/2” deep cone shaped hole with the “grass” (mostly weeds in our case) twisted in a tiny “crop circle”. We also have found similar formations after watching birds do the same thing, the hole tends to be smaller in diameter and more pointed at bottom.

/ What is in my yard #30  
If your yard is close

Is your yard close to a wet area..or drainage ditch? I had these to on my airstrip...they were crawdads..
Yes, exactly. Here in So MD there are quite a few of these and they are made by crustaceans of some sort, most people say crawdads. They sure as H are NOT voles or other critters mentioned. Groundhogs good grief NO ! Bears no resemblance to a ground hog hole. Badgers ? Silly.