What is in my yard

/ What is in my yard #41  
Voles also feed alot on worms.
Nope. Voles are herbivores, and may occasionally eat dead animals for the minerals, but they don't seek out worms. They an do tremendous damage to plants, roots, bulbs, tubers, tree bark, etc.

On the other hand, moles are carnivores. They don't eat plants, garden or ornamental, veggies, etc. They eat worms, insect larvae, etc.

/ What is in my yard
so i am not seeing any damage to tree trunks, or much to the garden, just the holes and tunnels. so moles? or squirrels? maybe voles, but if it is a mole that would explain why the mouse bait does nothing.
So i will pick up some mole traps and see if i can trap something. and if i can find a tunnel near the holes.
everything looks old, and do not see the tunnels unless i step on them. so i dont know how to find an active one without just setting a trap and waiting.
Thanks i will give it a shot and see what happens.

/ What is in my yard #43  
so i am not seeing any damage to tree trunks, or much to the garden, just the holes and tunnels. so moles? or squirrels? maybe voles, but if it is a mole that would explain why the mouse bait does nothing.
So i will pick up some mole traps and see if i can trap something. and if i can find a tunnel near the holes.
everything looks old, and do not see the tunnels unless i step on them. so i dont know how to find an active one without just setting a trap and waiting.
Thanks i will give it a shot and see what happens.
To find an active mole tunnel, take your heel and step it down across the tunnel. Mark the spot with a little flag, stick, etc. Check the heel print every day. It if doesn't pop back up in a week or two, it's not an active mole tunnel. If the heal mark gets pushed up in a day or so, then it's an active mole tunnel.

/ What is in my yard #44  
Had the same thing happen in my yard in different places. After using a couple of trail cameras found out it was the resident skunk digging for grubs.