What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,311  
Had a near miss, tree came down where I was worried and it was a miracle. Came down between the bedroom (barely scraping by) and my smoker and 3k dollar Weber grill almost ontop of the natural gas meter. A friggin miracle I tell ya. Got to work on getting these widow maker trees gone.

We were without power and internet for three days....My 16kw NG Generac saved the day again. Now everyone wants one in my hood.

GC2410 is begging for action but ground is way to soft and muddy.
Holy smokes, wow!

I finally got mine doing something yesterday. Finally dropped off the plow for the year...betting on no more snow.
Then I hooked up the lawn sweeper, pulled that around for a bit, picking up sticks and stuff. Then I hooked up my dethatcher to the 3 point, scratched up the back yard and also picked up all the long willow branches the lawn sweeper gets tangled with.

Forgot to take any pics, but it's nothing exciting anyways.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,312  
Everyone snowless in the northeast again? We are in central NH

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,313  
Still a few piles here & there up on the hill in Etna (NH), but disappearing fast at this point. The local independent weather guy my daughter follows has us firmly in the "NOT YET" category for removing snow plow stuff. Guess it won't hurt to leave the blower on for a bit....

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,314  
Still a few piles here & there up on the hill in Etna (NH), but disappearing fast at this point. The local independent weather guy my daughter follows has us firmly in the "NOT YET" category for removing snow plow stuff. Guess it won't hurt to leave the blower on for a bit....
Wow. I'm going to consider not even putting the plow on this fall.

It may come down to a coin toss.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,315  
I went out at removed the blower from my tractor and hoping I will not regret it. But I have it where I can get to it if I really need to. They are predicting snow on Saturday, but nothing that's going to stick. I generally do not remove the blower until I'm ready to put the mower deck on in May, but I'm expecting my tiller to arrive soon and they said that I'd have to use my tractor to unload the tiller from the truck. They're going to bring it on a rollback and I'll need to hook up with the 3PT to get it off the end of the truck.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,316  
Well, it's official: as of this morning, all snow --all piles-- are now gone. Removed blower, put on FEL to move a large branch that fell down next to my BH last winter, moved my pile of rocks to rebuild my summer cooking fireplace, then "aerated" parts of the lawn with my spiked chains.

Grass is getting greener now... but I put the blower back on just in case!

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,317  
Tree unloading.
Next step, BH to plant once the wife settles on which of the 3 spots.
20240416_172030.jpg

20240416_172203.jpg

and tractor at rest:
20240416_174355.jpg

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,318  
Tree unloading.
Next step, BH to plant once the wife settles on which of the 3 spots.
View attachment 862844
In case you don't have a lot of experience with evergreens, you want to break up the soil all around where you are planting it. Even better, make a small mound there. And, don't let it completely dry out, for the first year. (y)

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,319  
In case you don't have a lot of experience with evergreens, you want to break up the soil all around where you are planting it. Even better, make a small mound there. And, don't let it completely dry out, for the first year. (y)
Thanks, this will be only be my fourth pine and I bought a spot sprayer, but this one is close enough to the house to water from a hose.
Was told with this one to make the mound with mulch, and I know pines like to root down, so will use the BH and shovel to make sure the dirt under it it a bit more broken up.
Do you use any soil amendments when planting?

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,320  
Thanks, this will be only be my fourth pine and I bought a spot sprayer, but this one is close enough to the house to water from a hose.
Was told with this one to make the mound with mulch, and I know pines like to root down, so will use the BH and shovel to make sure the dirt under it it a bit more broken up.
Do you use any soil amendments when planting?
I never planted that type you got. But I've planted a metric ship ton of arbs, both emerald green and green giants. Honestly, I've never done anything special with them beyond digging a big hole, dropping them in, and watering the crap outta them ever so often for the first few months.

And a few years later, they look kind of like this:
PXL_20220910_194656903.jpg