What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1  

MF RED in MT

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF GC2410
Hey, since we mostly stick around here and post, I thought I would start a new thread (like others have done for different color tractors) for us to post about what we have done with our GC Tractors TODAY, or what we have done to our GC Tractors TODAY!

Or maybe it's just a weather report at your location,

Or maybe, oh well feel free to post...

KC

Edit, 11/24/2019, Sorry to all that have a GC 2600 Series Tractor that you were not included in the thread heading, just forgot about you?

Last edited:
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY
I have been thinking for many years about getting better performance from my MF2360 Snowblowers discharge chute, and I have finally started this little project.

I purchased a sheet of UHMW for $48, 1/8" x 24" x 48".

Removed the discharge chute and have begun making patterns from 1/8" cardboard.

I intend to heat up the UHMW and reshape it to an approximate size of 6.375" diameter.

I also intend to close off the opening in the front of the chute with this design, don't know if this will cause any problems, but if it does, I can do some cutting to open up the front of the chute.

After I finish with the chute, I intend to add this UHMW to the snow side of the 3 fan blades and also reduce the clearance gap of the fan blades to the housing (I may use some rubber or belting at the ends of the blades).

Here are a few photos:

KC

(next update about this project, see post #28)

20191122_120557.jpg 20191122_131504.jpg 20191122_142042.jpg

Last edited:
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #3  
Yep, I did that, KC -- worked very well. Instead of adding to the fan blades, I covered the cylindrical space, as well as the inside of the chute. Made an amazing difference.

DSC05991.jpg

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #4  
Mild weather here lately, 31* at 7:30am but snow and cold on the way for turkey day and other then that the 1705 is sleeping in the shop for now. I am thinking of ordering a Original Cab with heater and front window wiper but I need to get a total height to see if it will fit thru the overhead door, it fits with the sunshade but the cab might be a bit taller, I am Still watching Harbor Freight adds to see if the backhoe/trencher is going on any type of sale so I can save a few dollars.

Other then that waiting for spring to get here, I will eventually get back to redoing the shield for underneath the scut but I have lots of time to finish that project.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #5  
I haven't done anything with mine since plowing with it a week ago. :(

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #6  
Bedded it down for long winter sleep... To late in year for landscaping or road projects, usually no snow issues (only get a couple of inches a few times in winter)....Burn ban in effect in most of Kommunist Kalifornia.... May need it to push dead/fallen trees off road after winter storm ....
Dale

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #7  
175 yards of sand to fill the foundation of my new shop and it will have frost protection for the winter. Should have this finished by tomorrow.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY
Yep, I did that, KC -- worked very well. Instead of adding to the fan blades, I covered the cylindrical space, as well as the inside of the chute. Made an amazing difference.

View attachment 629898

I am hoping I'll notice a big difference.

KC

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #9  
While not exactly today, this past week I built a cover for the ballast box I just got in from Titan.

Since I had to ship the box to a drop spot in WA and cross the border to pick it up, I also added a pair of clamp on pallet forks and a clamp-on hitch receiver to make the trip more worthwhile.

On the box: The price was already great @ $300 USD, but a few days after it arrived, I checked their site and they had dropped 1/3 off the price. Thankfully, they refunded that amount to me when I called and asked.

Anyway, with sand in the ballast box (total weight 450 lb), which I placed in a industrial strength garbage bag to avoid the moisture in the sand from starting to rust out the box, I wanted a cover to keep moisture out and also to create a carry tray for the odd thing or tool I might need on the day. I used scrap wood, sealed it with polyester resin and painted it up. Pic below.

No snow in these parts yet. Strange, as we always get a good covering by mid-Nov. I guess I can't say that anymore...

PS: What is "UHMW?"

IMG-3072.JPG

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #10  
Ultra High Molecular Weight ... polyethylene. Very tough & slippery stuff. Can be heated to shape into curves.