What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,271  
Started mine up, dropped the plow and put the bucket on and moved some brush by the roadside.
Too mushy to go into the woods or across the lawns to move anything else.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,272  
Getting ready to fire up the blower... we got "snow squalled" yesterday evening-- about 3" very quickly, visibility down to about 35 yards. Came up quite suddenly, quite a few accidents on roads in the area.

And then.... the storm headed here late Friday night and all day Saturday... looks to be THE storm of this winter. Amounts keep going up in the forecasts; they can certainly be wrong, but right now weather folks are saying the storm total will be around 15" in this area. Haven't had one like that in quite a while!

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,273  
Just got in myself, not a lot of snow but I had to use the bucket to clear our the end of the driveway.

I'm going to be right on the edge of that storm friday night, not really sure at this point if I'll get rain, ice or snow.

All the same, really not happy about moving snow after the first day of spring.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,274  
tractor not fired up today. let everyone know ground too soft so I plan on being lazy today. one person said fine I'm in florida right now but I did give my housesitter your number.
got a laugh.
we ended around 4 inches but the wind has been an issue causing many power blinks.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,275  
4 inches and climbing so far today on top of thursdays 4 inches. no choice had to run blower. mounted it yesterday...it had sunk into ground 3 inches or so (swore I put 2x6 under it...nope) then froze in ground. normal 5 min process to mount took me 20+ minutes almost could not fit my lift arms (I use pats hitches) under the pins, thought was gonna have to pull pins and set up higher on frame.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,276  
So I guess it's all over now.... It never --or only occasionally-- snowed heavily here, but it did snow continuously -- from around midnight Friday until around 10PM Saturday. Looks like we got around 19-20" here. Lots of wind, some places the snow was 24-25", some places "only" 15"....

It stayed relatively warm -- around 24F-- but apparently the snow at the surface of my pavement got wet due to residual heat. I encountered something I've never seen before: snow/icy buildup on the augers! More pronounced on the right side, but needless to say that made the blower more like a plow than a blower. There was still snow exiting the chute, but also a huge roll of snow being pushed along ahead of the blower.

I stopped once to chip it off, but will need to do that again before I start in again this morning. Learn something new every day. I'll coat everything with silicone spray after it's cleared off - that should help, for a while at least.

And I thought I was going to get through this winter without having to put the chains on... but no. Had to stop after I started on the uphill section, after almost sliding off the driveway area into a drainage ditch; I had a real hard time gauging where the edges were! What a nasty, cold, wet job, putting chains on. Makes me shiver just thinking about it.

So back after it soon; it's now around 13F....

DSC01611.JPG
DSC01612.JPG
DSC01613.JPG
DSC01617.JPG

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,277  
I ended up 8-9" with last 2 being sleet/freezing rain. so that on top of 4" thursday was difficult. had to do initial open (1 lane) with bucket then blower would bite in. tractor itself would ride on top of it often. oh well its done.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,278  
That storm left a little better than a foot of snow here, was out yesterday and today cleaning it up. Let's hope that's the last one.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,279  
I'm not in New England at the time but my plow guy we received 22" in the lakes region of NH. Yikes

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,280  
Holy ****, you guys got rocked! Well for me, this winter passed very strangely. We had a few measurable snows, but I can't really remember that many 50's/60's/and even 70's in the winter. Like really never. Huh.