What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,261  
Yep, same here. While the long range forecast does not show anything, it's always possible in march to get a storm that brings as much as 4 feet of snow in march. March here is generally the month that brings the most snow, not always, but it's usually a good bet.
here's what I am starting with today. some ruts 8" deep. the scars are approx 50ft long by 14ft wide total.

damage 1.jpgdamage 2.jpg

now, after 8 min looks like this. for perspective I am (measured) 58 feet from grader blade on tractor.

damage 3.jpg

using this. you can see I have the blade set at a VERY non-aggressive posture. my top link drawn all the way in and my 2 side links set normal, but since both my side links adjustable I have a crap load of options. I could push both side links longer and make that blade run almost flat across the ground. I don't as that would be a good photo but a crappy use of fuel :)

tractor-1.jpg

thats the benefit of adjustable side links on both sides, I could make the first 3 ft of that 7ft blade ride a LOT lower than other side if needed.
anyways, sun hitting stuff and wind drying it and around 1500 today all scars removed and 550lb roller involved.
all this damage happened on ONE day. due to being in 4WD had to jockey truck twice (thats why 3 sets of tracks) to give clearance to back out to road and not hit wifes car.

edit:0953 fixed spelling errors/typos

Last edited:
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY
#2,262  
Like irvingj said, this is the least I've used my tractor since I purchased it new in 2009.

We were forecasted to get 6"-10" of snow last weekend but ended up with less than an 1".

Still cold, 12F this morning at 7am and snowing off and on with little dust flakes.

Here's a photo of the driveway this morning.

KC

3-4-24 driveway.jpg

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,263  
Like irvingj said, this is the least I've used my tractor since I purchased it new in 2009.
This is only my 4th winter with a tractor, while it is the least I've used it I cannot say that this is the lightest winter I've ever seen in the 27 years I've been in the same location. There have been light years before, I just don't have no way of measuring the difference. With the new tractor I keep a log book for oil changes and other things and I note the hours when I do oil changes, when I've got it prepped for winter, etc. So now I have a record.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,264  
So we got what amounted to one of the strongest storms this year... which ain't sayin' much, but we did get over 8" of wet, heavy stuff. The Little Red Beast did fine with it; now we're dealing with off & on snow showers, the nuisance type...

Our dirt road is pretty much a disaster at this point, but at least the ground's white again! (Once again very happy I got my driveway paved!)

DSC01584.JPG

DSC01585.JPG

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,265  
They were predicting that for my area as well, ended up with less than an inch. I'm not heartbroken.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,266  
36 deg. snowing. 21mph winds. everyone's trash blowing past me.
whatever.
I just let everyone on road next winter I will not remove snow for 20$ a driveway under agreement as I have been for last 3 years.
too old too broken to be responsible for anyone.wife and I will always get out (she an AWD me a 4WD and me...with a tractor) but others....whatever.
told them in emergency I will but for my non transport fee (I charge 35 an hour for tilling/bucket work/etc if w/i 10 mile radius of me) of 35$ an hr 1 hr minimum. suddenly people afraid to talk to me. whatever.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,267  
It sucks if your neighbors don't understand you can't keep doing it, sounds like they were just using you.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,268  
It sucks if your neighbors don't understand you can't keep doing it, sounds like they were just using you.
meh some were, others not.
guy doing actual road now (which I did for decades) said I will continue to do road but I will not do driveways. and he wont charge me.
good enough, don't blame him.
lot of difference between heading into a driveway with (him) a 1/2 truck and an 8" straight blade and me (for many many years) heading into a driveway with a 3/4 ton with 1k of blocks in back and a V plow ranging from 9.2" to 11ft 8inches (BOSS 9.2 with wings).
huge difference.
if I hit anything in a driveway it was gone until springtime. at 9mph I sent a 80lb decoration flying 150 feet. lost that customer, don't care idiot kept tossing weighted **** in driveway.
if he hits it his truck is hurt.
I gave up the plow truck in 2021 and just did driveways here on this private road since then with the GC2400 and blower.
no more. done.

oh yeah to fit the topic today I used the gc2400 with dl100 FEL to go remove all my plow stakes on road, 34 of them at 1.25$ each.
there. proof positive you can turn any situation into a tractor topic if you try hard enough.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,269  
so...went to fill up 2 fuel cans.
9.5 gallons used since middle of December 2023.
I went green LOL :)

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,270  
Think I'm about the same -- two fill-ups of my 5-gallon can.

Today the Little Red Beast gets to help pull an 80-gallon electric water heater out of my basement...been in there for almost 21 years, beginning to leak. (Original one lasted only 17 years....)