What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,241  
I have snow fence permanently up. The type that is metal wire and lath slats. I don't want to put it up and take it down and the plastic stuff just gets ripped up in the wind I get. Found the perfect place to put it and there it is. Neighbors don't like it, but f them unless they want to help me take it down and put it back up 3 3 months later.
Can't leave mine up, it's an eyesore.

I also have the heavy wood stuff. If I use the plastic, the drunken snow mobile'rs will ride right through it, even though I leave them 20' to get through. I've been wondering if any of them were dumb enough to take a run at the wood snow fence. It's been about 5 or 6 winters now, no talkers yet.

Probably drive 80 fence posts each year, between the snow fence, and the garden. I would consider springing for the gas powered fence post driver, if I knew which one to buy.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,242  
Keep in mind, running an engine for short periods of time in the winter, can lead to higher levels of moisture in your crankcase, due to condensation during cool down.

It's best if you try to only start it in the winter, when you are going to run it long enough to evaporate all the previous moisture out.

In and aircraft engine, they recommend an hour of operation.

I don't know what that number is for a tractor engine.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,243  
Keep in mind, running an engine for short periods of time in the winter, can lead to higher levels of moisture in your crankcase, due to condensation during cool down.

It's best if you try to only start it in the winter, when you are going to run it long enough to evaporate all the previous moisture out.

In and aircraft engine, they recommend an hour of operation.

I don't know what that number is for a tractor engine.
I run them around the property and down the road (a quite dead end ) and let them idle for an hour.
Full warm up.(y)

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,244  
Can't leave mine up, it's an eyesore.
That's what I've heard my neighbors say about mine, they have not said it to me directly, just to one of my other neighbors that told me.

I'm not trying to be a prick by leaving them up, but I just don't have the time or energy to take them down and put them back up again every year. Without the fences I'd have to move a lot more snow.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,245  
Was out again today, and will likely need to go out again tomorrow..... and it will all be melted and gone by this time next week.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,246  
Screenshot 2024-02-17 125002.png

Got some seat time, plow, melt, repeat

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,247  
I was out again today too. I've put more hours on my tractor over the last 3 days then I put on it the entire season before this last weekend. May have to go out again tomorrow, but that will depend on what the wind does.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,248  
more driveway ice scar/removal yesterday and today, today was also inch of wet snow, with box blade.
have moved more snow with that this year than my bucket and blower combined.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,249  
I don't want everyone coming here, but man is it nice. 70F yesterday, and today.

Outside, in a T shirt, in February?

Yeah, global warming really sucks!!!

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,250  
was 56 here lot of melting. approx 1.5 inches rain due tomorrow iirc.