What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,131  
Dave,

Where and how did you tie your LED light bar and smaller auxiliary LED lights into the electrical system? Did you find a reasonably accessible place that is switched? Or direct to the battery? Also, where did you put the switch(es)? I’m struggling with all of the above. Thank you.
I hooked straight to battery on both 10A circuits. I mounted the 2 switches on left side knee panel, than ran the 14g marine wire runs back alongside of frame and up to the roll bar.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,132  
I hooked straight to battery on both 10A circuits. I mounted the 2 switches on left side knee panel, than ran the 14g marine wire runs back alongside of frame and up to the roll bar.
Did you put a fuse in somewhere for the lights or use one in the fuse box?

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,133  
Did you put a fuse in somewhere for the lights or use one in the fuse box?
separate 10A fuse and holder for each of the 2 runs.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,134  
Thanks, that is what I have been thinking also.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,135  
Thanks, that is what I have been thinking also.
switches.jpg

pretty simple setup, if I have to pull panel off I pull fuses then unscrew switches.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,137  
So, after 24 hours of rain (2+ inches) and temps rising to 58F (!!) we no longer have any snow except for a few small piles where I'd moved/blown it before... but I did get to use the tractor!

Wife left, then returned a few minutes later and said she couldn't get out. Used the blower frame to push an old, large, dead tree that had fallen across the driveway off into the bushes.... Glad the little red beast was here; no way could I have moved that otherwise.

Last edited:
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,138  
No pics too dangerous.
Pushed 2 fallen trees off town road so people could get out of this private road and avoid power lines on road 1000 feet away
3.11 inches of rain with high winds.
Been wo power since 0915 Monday morning and looks like will be Wednesday before back on. Glad I got generator

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,139  
No pics too dangerous.
Pushed 2 fallen trees off town road so people could get out of this private road and avoid power lines on road 1000 feet away
3.11 inches of rain with high winds.
Been wo power since 0915 Monday morning and looks like will be Wednesday before back on. Glad I got generator
Dave, it sounds like you are prepared and a good neighbor. Winter hasn’t really arrived yet here, just a total of about 0.3 inches of drizzly rain. But it’s coming! I’ve been busy installing a “Cover My Tractor” brand cab and rigging up a windshield wiper and electric chute control for the front mount snowblower.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,140  
Did find a valid registration plate in debris.
Called sheriff office and a deputy picked it up to deliver to registered owner.