What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,021  
Anybody else have a problem with the boom control on their 1725mb. Second time it broke. Went to a different dealership and they had the new improved replacement. $190 part Kanuckistan money or aboot $5 US.
Easy enough fix but I wouldn't expect it twice in the first 120 hours with limited backhoe use.
there were posts (iirc) last year about this issue

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,022  
Yeh, and that really sucks how Agco cheaped out on that, with the newer models.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,023  
Yeh, and that really sucks how Agco cheaped out on that, with the newer models.
They transferred production from Japan to Indonesia. Nothing to be surprised about them cheaping out.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,024  
this

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,025  
tilled one 50ft row for neighbor to plant garlic.
other neighbor brought trailer down to load the grass clippings he collected this week for compost pile. used bucket to load the 6x10 trailer. can fit lot of clippings in when you compress using cutting edge of bucket. loaded 2 heaping trailer loads then followed them up road did bunch of tilling for them. they and I fight a lot. they say they owe me I say I owe them. working out well so far, as long as hens not molting I get free eggs for life. free range hens, orange yolks. food for my Hemochromatosis (link) crap. single gene mutation exhibiting as dual gene mutation. only took 40 years to figure it out LOL
then ran down to third neighbor tilled a 15x30 area for them. they help plow private road. all works out.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,026  
used it and dl100 fel to haul pole saw around and trim crap load of spruce branches that will hit me in face after (now) tropical storm Lee hit Maine yesterday. was lucky only 38mph winds but lot of tree damage after 15 hours of it.
after pole saw (was lazy put it full length, 18 feet) stuff tossed onto 7x14 trailer and hauled 3 full trailer loads of brush out of lawn into woods. lot of 18ft branches.
took me a bit.
started this at 0545 this morning, just now finished at 1445 hrs.

note: with all my extensions in pole saw AND standing on edge of trailer (no ladder) I can cut 22-23 ft from ground. and am stable doing it. if I put step ladder in trailer I can, still stable 3 steps to go, hit branches 30ft from ground.
I literally am too lazy to do that, I'll let a branch grow for 10+ years until it hits my tractor at 8ft from ground before I do that.
being lazy has inherent safety aspects :)

Last edited:
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,027  
used it and dl100 fel to haul pole saw around and trim crap load of spruce branches that will hit me in face after (now) tropical storm Lee hit Maine yesterday. was lucky only 38mph winds but lot of tree damage after 15 hours of it.
after pole saw (was lazy put it full length, 18 feet) stuff tossed onto 7x14 trailer and hauled 3 full trailer loads of brush out of lawn into woods. lot of 18ft branches.
took me a bit.
started this at 0545 this morning, just now finished at 1445 hrs.
How much rain did you end up getting? I watched both the shoreline where we have an interest but it seemed like your area was gonna get winds and lots of rain.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,028  
I used my backhoe scut to to lean on a tree to be sure it would miss the garage, garden and young spruce trees. Dropped right where I wanted but the bh deserves the credit.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,029  
How much rain did you end up getting? I watched both the shoreline where we have an interest but it seemed like your area was gonna get winds and lots of rain.
per my ambient temp ws-2902c weather station (kmeetna4 if you want to look at my station) I got 1.57 " over the course of it.
I am in an area where if a chipmunk farts I lose power. theres a reason central maine power ranks the lowest in the united states.
power blinked about 60 times but generator ( LINK Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment 12500 Peak Watt Dual Fuel) was kept warmed up and never used.
so whenever I wanted a cigar (honestly too many times) I hit start button on remote. lit cigar.walked outside.opened shed door to ventilate.shut generator off.
basically...my biggest worry was my OTA antenna getting torn off house due to the north/northwest winds. and as it turned out...no worries.
just had to go around this morning and deal with tree ****.

edit added link to genrator

Last edited:
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,030  
I used my backhoe scut to to lean on a tree to be sure it would miss the garage, garden and young spruce trees. Dropped right where I wanted but the bh deserves the credit.
I thought about placing 2 massey tractors to do that but...I would have had to borrow a tractor.
thing is if I wanted to people would have gladly loaned me a tractor,
meh...in the end was just easier to park all vehicles in field out of range of radius of any tree.
did that.
then, for first time in 23 years, watched my neighbors do same thing LOL
all good to go no vehicle damage on road.