What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,581  
serviced, almost fully, the blizzard BC54 54inch snowblower today. all I got to do is degrease (simple green) the chute mount area and attach the chute. pto shaft, side bearing all greased and chain lubed both sides of chain.
just gotta put chute on and lube it.
then retarp it for next few weeks to protect it.
then....starting prob at end of November....start using it. sigh.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,582  
I usually just mulch the leaves and leave them right there on the lawn. But last fall I sold my craftsman garden tractor I used that for, and didn't yet have my stander mower, so was stuck using the pull-behind Agri-Fab sweeper. It did ok enough, but it's a chore lugging it back and forth to the compost pile. Yet this year, I got all this wonderful new soil thanks to all that.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,583  
I do have several places with a nice, steep bank so I had been dumping my leaves out that way. Like other leaf vacs, the DR also needs to have a drop-off for the "self-dump" function to work well. And it does, actually, as the canvas box tilts up and the reinforced plastic tub tilts down.

My problem was that I was becoming concerned with how deep the piles were getting where I dumped. Maybe my imagination? The stuff does compost, eventually, but I have a LOT of leaves. In any case, I've decided, beginning this year, to take leaves to our local landfill, where they have specific areas for leaf & lawn litter and trees/brush. These will be ground up if necessary (brush, etc), then they get them to a commercial composting operation -- so they do get used. (I always keep one load and till it into my garden spot, however.)

I'm still refining the process, but here's a pic of an early attempt; I now use some other little ramps I built out of wood, so now I can back my leaf vac right up and INTO the utility trailer, where it can then be unloaded. It does require some help, but most leaf material will come out on its own. I've learned that my 4x8 trailer can easily hold two large, heavy leaf-vac loads and still be easily tarped over for transport.

DSC00442.JPG

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,584  
Wow, I feel like a slacker looking at all your leaf set ups. I just blow mine into the tree line and let nature take its course (large Echo back pack blower).

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,585  
IMG_2175.jpg

IMG_2174.jpg

IMG_2173.jpg

IMG_2172.jpg

IMG_2171.jpg

IMG_2169.jpg

IMG_2168.jpg

IMG_2167.jpg

IMG_2166.jpg

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,586  
IMG_2165.jpg

IMG_2164.jpg

IMG_2163.jpg

IMG_2162.jpg

IMG_2142.jpg

IMG_2141.jpg

IMG_2138.jpg

IMG_2116.jpg

IMG_2115.jpg

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,588  
Three most recent jobs, sod removal and small trench for one, stump and excavate the septic lid for another and a partial tear out for the third.

Added door hangers for advertising.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,589  
I do have several places with a nice, steep bank so I had been dumping my leaves out that way. Like other leaf vacs, the DR also needs to have a drop-off for the "self-dump" function to work well. And it does, actually, as the canvas box tilts up and the reinforced plastic tub tilts down.

My problem was that I was becoming concerned with how deep the piles were getting where I dumped. Maybe my imagination? The stuff does compost, eventually, but I have a LOT of leaves. In any case, I've decided, beginning this year, to take leaves to our local landfill, where they have specific areas for leaf & lawn litter and trees/brush. These will be ground up if necessary (brush, etc), then they get them to a commercial composting operation -- so they do get used. (I always keep one load and till it into my garden spot, however.)

I'm still refining the process, but here's a pic of an early attempt; I now use some other little ramps I built out of wood, so now I can back my leaf vac right up and INTO the utility trailer, where it can then be unloaded. It does require some help, but most leaf material will come out on its own. I've learned that my 4x8 trailer can easily hold two large, heavy leaf-vac loads and still be easily tarped over for transport.

View attachment 767597
Whether leaves or otherwise, anything organic gets dumped back here:

PXL_20221024_145925497.jpg PXL_20221024_145952240.jpg

Last fall, when I was w/o a mulching deck and had to use the sweeper, it looked like this:

So, that gives you an idea how much all that breaks down within a year. But, I also throw stuff like straw with poop in it from the duck house in there, so all that mixed together with the leaves breaks it all down faster I guess.

You mentioned needing a drop-off area for the sweeper dump to work well. What I do is when the hill gets too high, I start new hills next to it. And then at the end I come back with the loader and bulldoze all of it together into one big pile.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,590  
Did something I hope works. I have 40 yards of clay sitting in a pile I want to get rid of. My lawn needs alot of smoothing out so I decided to try mixing GC2410 load of loam with one load of clay, then add half a load of compost. Worked well with flowers and garden.
Ill let you know next year.
Also took the BH of and put the 60 inch Woodmaxx snowblower on-tomorrow I will put the softcab on and paint the loader where all the bare metal shows.
Also changed the oil, oil filter, fuel filter, and added oil to front axle. Next year I will flush the coolant.