What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,601  
Bought a Tractor Supply Store (CountyLine)post hole digger and started assembling it. My neighbor and I are going to be planting some privacy Arborvitae along our property line. I bought with it the 9-inch and 12-inch augers.
20221023_130546.jpg

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,602  
JH, you should bring a case of doughnuts to your dealer! That was, in fact a very good price. And you're right, that's probably a better weld than what was there originally. The only serious issue I've had with mine was a broken 4WD shift fork, a $35 part that cost over $1K to put in -- a complete tear-down of the transmission; it was very obviously an inferior welding job. (Am I still upset? Nah.....)

DSC05701.JPG

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,603  
Bought a Tractor Supply Store (CountyLine)post hole digger and started assembling it. My neighbor and I are going to be planting some privacy Arborvitae along our property line. I bought with it the 9-inch and 12-inch augers. View attachment 768393
My understanding is, ground clearance is an issue, but the post hole digger will work on a GC.

Going to be interested to see how this works out.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,604  
Bought a Tractor Supply Store (CountyLine)post hole digger and started assembling it. My neighbor and I are going to be planting some privacy Arborvitae along our property line. I bought with it the 9-inch and 12-inch augers.
did that come with any auger at all?

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,605  
Thought I was in trouble. I was unloading the deck from my trailer and needed to get off the tractor. The damn thing would not keep running.

I figured out that it was the neutral safety switch. The tractor was pointed slightly up hill and the weight of the shift lever pressing down hill on the switch was enough to register is out of neutral condition.

Confirmed this morning, just a little pressure toward low on the lever was enough to cause the tractor to quit.

I was sure my tractor was going to need to take a trip to the dealer to have the switch replaced. The last thing I needed was for the thing to completely break in the middle clearing my driveway this winter.

Looked at it for some time all the while thinking about how much is was going to cost me to have the dealer come get it and replace the switch the part alone is about $80.

Thought about disconnecting it but could not even see were it plugged into the harness.

Did a lot of searching and found no solutions, until I finally realized the thing is adjustable.

Still surprised I can find nothing about this adjustment.

Anyone have any idea how to find this plug? Do I need to take something apart to get to it?

This switch open when in neutral and closes when in gear, disconnecting it should work as a temporary fix if it gives me more trouble until I can get a replacement. If I can find it I wouldn't need the dealer to get it fixed.

Attachments

• neutral-switch-2.png
    neutral-switch-2.png
    258.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 4267281M91-PIC1.jpg
    4267281M91-PIC1.jpg
    578.1 KB · Views: 62
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,608  
Thought I was in trouble. I was unloading the deck from my trailer and needed to get off the tractor. The damn thing would not keep running.

I figured out that it was the neutral safety switch. The tractor was pointed slightly up hill and the weight of the shift lever pressing down hill on the switch was enough to register is out of neutral condition.

Confirmed this morning, just a little pressure toward low on the lever was enough to cause the tractor to quit.

I was sure my tractor was going to need to take a trip to the dealer to have the switch replaced. The last thing I needed was for the thing to completely break in the middle clearing my driveway this winter.

Looked at it for some time all the while thinking about how much is was going to cost me to have the dealer come get it and replace the switch the part alone is about $80.

Thought about disconnecting it but could not even see were it plugged into the harness.

Did a lot of searching and found no solutions, until I finally realized the thing is adjustable.

Still surprised I can find nothing about this adjustment.

Anyone have any idea how to find this plug? Do I need to take something apart to get to it?

This switch open when in neutral and closes when in gear, disconnecting it should work as a temporary fix if it gives me more trouble until I can get a replacement. If I can find it I wouldn't need the dealer to get it fixed.
I personally hate that neutral safety switch, but neither did I want to snip any wires to it or deal with jumpers. So what I did was I just unbolted it, zip tied the crap outta it to keep it positioned in neutral, and tossed it in that void area under the seat.

PXL_20220619_173641267.jpg

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,609  
Here's that box I built to put on the tongue of the blade. The blade was county line yella but I painted it black 5 years ago. It's on a quick attach so I can swap it out to to sander as needed.

3D6F41F2-EF0F-408A-AD58-B7F6AF753C16.jpeg

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,610  
Here's that box I built to put on the tongue of the blade. The blade was county line yella but I painted it black 5 years ago. It's on a quick attach so I can swap it out to to sander as needed.

View attachment 768605

I’m lazy so I just drilled a hole in the bottom gusset on my TSC blade to pin the tow behind spreader to.