What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,701  
Over the many years of my GC ownership, I've been able to tell the difference between hydo/trans fluid in the sight glass and an empty sight glass that has no fluid.

My Amsoil show up real good for me.

I remember in the early years it was difficult for me to determine.

KC
Same here regarding Amsoil. I've heard people dying it like Hube does, somebody also mentioned putting a few drops of atf in there to dye it.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,702  
Over the many years of my GC ownership, I've been able to tell the difference between hydo/trans fluid in the sight glass and an empty sight glass that has no fluid.

My Amsoil show up real good for me.

I remember in the early years it was difficult for me to determine.

KC
I was always for the most part able to see the difference in the glass, the dye just makes it a little easier and allows me to see the fluid/level in very low light conditions, like at 4AM when I have just 2x60W bulbs for light in my shed.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,703  
I use red die and it only takes a few drops, maybe 10 to make the fluid pink/dark enough to see easily. I forget what it is but I picked it up on amazon. Probably have enough to last me 20 years at 10 drops a change even if I changed it every year.
What dye do you use? This could help me

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,704  
What dye do you use? This could help me
This is what I bought, I did some research at the time on the companies site and there's nothing in it that should hurt anything. Like I said, I'm pretty sure I only used about 10 drops, but I don't remember exactly.

Be careful with the stuff, got some on my fingers and they were dyed red for weeks.

The price on amazon has gone way, way up on this since I ordered 2 years ago, you might be able to find it cheaper elsewhere, search for "Kingscote 506250-R4"

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY
#1,705  
I have one of these small inspector type flashlights in my shirt pocket that I use to view the sight glass.

Maybe this is the reason these tired eyes can tell the difference between fluid/no fluid.

KC

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,706  
I have one of these small inspector type flashlights in my shirt pocket that I use to view the sight glass.

Maybe this is the reason these tired eyes can tell the difference between fluid/no fluid.

KC
My flashlight is my cellphone.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,707  
hauled trash bags 70-80 feet up driveway for pickup today. the gc2400 has had easy life lately.
was sunk into frozen ground 3 inches so took a bit to break free.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,708  
Got tractor stuck in soft/mud bog.... Had to use Jeep and winch to rescue.... Hope the rains stop soon, don't need new zip code in middle of Pacific Ocean...

Last edited:
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,709  
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,710  
Yep, mine was filled to the top of the sight glass when my tractor was new. And even though I try, I manage to fill it just to the top of the sight glass when I’ve done fluid changes. I always confirm by backing over a 2x4 on each side getting the front end down a little bit to see the level in the sight glass making sure it’s not over full.