What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #991  
So today I unloaded my GC1710TLB from the trailer after looking it over. I let her out of my sight for my dad to use. I heard he had narrowly avoided rolling it into a hole sideways (twice) and stuck the landing (Jammed the loader into the ground) when it dropped into a hole forward completely bending over the reverse pedal as he stood on it's literally, as it went in. He wasn't wearing a seatbelt and didn't have the ROPS up so he's lucky that didn't go worse. He's also lucky no one was hurt and he didn't put it through the wall of my uncle's new home but the damage is done.

He straightened the reverse pedal enough to get it operational and get it out of the hole. The pedal linkage underneath is extremely sloppy and will likely need to be disassembled to find out why. I also found oil seeping out of the front left differential where it pivots for steering.

I've seen this advice around here before and it rings true again... Don't lend out your machine and if you do be prepared for the consequences. In my case I now have to take apart the entire pedal assembly and front left differential so I can pay for parts on a job I didn't make any money off of despite my machine getting down, dirty and damaged there in the name of family.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY
That sucks...

I have a rule: If I loan out my tractor, it comes with the operator (me) and only on my timeline.

KC

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #993  
So today I unloaded my GC1710TLB from the trailer after looking it over. I let her out of my sight for my dad to use. I heard he had narrowly avoided rolling it into a hole sideways (twice) and stuck the landing (Jammed the loader into the ground) when it dropped into a hole forward completely bending over the reverse pedal as he stood on it's literally, as it went in. He wasn't wearing a seatbelt and didn't have the ROPS up so he's lucky that didn't go worse. He's also lucky no one was hurt and he didn't put it through the wall of my uncle's new home but the damage is done.

He straightened the reverse pedal enough to get it operational and get it out of the hole. The pedal linkage underneath is extremely sloppy and will likely need to be disassembled to find out why. I also found oil seeping out of the front left differential where it pivots for steering.

I've seen this advice around here before and it rings true again... Don't lend out your machine and if you do be prepared for the consequences. In my case I now have to take apart the entire pedal assembly and front left differential so I can pay for parts on a job I didn't make any money off of despite my machine getting down, dirty and damaged there in the name of family.
wow.
my family would make sure to pay a dealer to repair the damage and not leave it to me.
hopefully yours does too.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #994  
I was gonna say! So your pop straightens the pedal "good enough" and here ya go son, your problem now? That's messed up, DAD!

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #995  
If you saw his Kubota BX it'd all make sense why it's "all fixed". Part of it for me is I'm very particular about my stuff to the point of being poked fun at for being OCD. I'd rather spend 3x as much time doing routine maintenance than have to tear something down and repair it. Also, the wife and I co-paid for that as part of taking on a new house and some outside work so it's brought some strife into the house since it's her first investment as well. My dad has helped me a lot over the years as a tradesman specializing in HVAC and plumbing and has put in many unpaid hours on our house...but man. This isn't where I wanted the bill to come due

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #996  
family...a blessing and a curse all at the same time LOL

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #997  
This weeks work.

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1183.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

IMG_1179.jpg

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #998  

Hopefully it is made right. No other operators allowed on mine, mainly for this reason.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #999  
Hopefully it is made right. No other operators allowed on mine, mainly for this reason.
I'll fix it. I can get by using it until winter comes for what few projects I do have left before winter comes. It's not my primary mowing machine so time spent on it is minimal for the last couple month until the snow starts flying. While it is my preferred snow removal vehicle it's not my only snow removal option so I'll adjust accordingly.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,000  
In the process of fixing one of my 2325 MMM wheels... apparently the snap ring fell off, then the washer, then the wheel shaft dropped down. Had no idea until I raised the MMM and parked the tractor, noticed the front right (pivoting) wheel was hanging down. Have no idea how that happened, but will replace washer & snap ring...

DSC00145.jpg