What have you done to your Branson today?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,601  
Yeah, with this new switched power box, I’m tempted to mount a long LED light bar on the ROPS. I don’t do a lot of low light work, but last year I did some and incandescent lights suck.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,602  
Yeah, with this new switched power box, I’m tempted to mount a long LED light bar on the ROPS. I don’t do a lot of low light work, but last year I did some and incandescent lights suck.
My headlights are dead - lost one bulb when I killed my radiator a few years ago and I don't know when the other one died. Definitely not due to hours (750-800ish) but I'm guessing vibration helps too.

I've been contemplating tossing LEDs into there but my work is barely impeded by not having headlights in the first place, and the potential for blinding myself from the bucket or loader blocking the brighter LEDs is holding me back. One of these days I'll decide one way or another (buy replacement incandescents or give the LEDs a try).

Has anyone else tried LED headlamps in their tractor? (I have LEDs in my '97 F350 and what a difference i don't get tired driving at night any more, and surprisingly nobody flashes their lights at me in anger) though who knows maybe their afraid it could be worse

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,603  
Well, I've found H4 and HS1 LED bulbs, I also have to find new dust caps to accommodate the LEDs.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,604  
Well, I've found H4 and HS1 LED bulbs, I also have to find new dust caps to accommodate the LEDs.
Yeah dust is definitely a concern; most LED bulbs have a big heat sink sticking into the engine compartment and that heat sink has fins that'll likely get clogged
1710197593347.png

some of those have a fan; my guess is fan-cooled bulbs are a bad idea in a tractor.

There are also LED auto bulbs that have a ribbon instead of fins:

1710197577749.png

Not sure which is going to be more effective when covered in chaff.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,605  
I'm not too worried about the heat sink getting clogged, but the Branson has a basically solid cap on the back of the light, and I'll need on with a hole to pass through the stem of the led light.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,606  
I'm not too worried about the heat sink getting clogged, but the Branson has a basically solid cap on the back of the light, and I'll need on with a hole to pass through the stem of the led light.
You don't think clogging is a problem, or you don't think it'll get clogged?
I suppose with enough attention to detail you can keep it cleaned out.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,607  
I don't think on my tractor it would be a real issue. The underside of the hood is pretty clean. I could always hit it with compressed air if need be

/ What have you done to your Branson today?
#1,608  
My headlights are dead - lost one bulb when I killed my radiator a few years ago and I don't know when the other one died. Definitely not due to hours (750-800ish) but I'm guessing vibration helps too.

I've been contemplating tossing LEDs into there but my work is barely impeded by not having headlights in the first place, and the potential for blinding myself from the bucket or loader blocking the brighter LEDs is holding me back. One of these days I'll decide one way or another (buy replacement incandescents or give the LEDs a try).

Has anyone else tried LED headlamps in their tractor? (I have LEDs in my '97 F350 and what a difference i don't get tired driving at night any more, and surprisingly nobody flashes their lights at me in anger) though who knows maybe their afraid it could be worse
If you have a loader, the stock lights are worthless with the loader down. On my 2004 I can add lights on the brush bar and that is a better height for loading. I have my lights at the ROPS height and it works nicely. With the price of the LED's, I might change over.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,610  
almost put it on its side. decided the fence would be easier to fix than flipping the tractor upright. Colorado blizzard, about 1.5 feet of super heavy snow. mfwd on, chains on rear tires. hit a drift with rear blade and it spun the front off the side. slid down sideways fast. maybe 6 feet of drop at a 30 degree angle to the creek in the bottom by the trees. took out 2 t posts and a bit of paint on the side of the loader and fender rubbing the wires did not hit any hoses or wires with the t posts underneath.

Attachments

• PXL_20240315_194431015.jpg
    PXL_20240315_194431015.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 35