What have you done to your Branson today?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,242  
We got some snow on Tuesday. Went to clear my driveway Wednesday morning and proceeded to bury the tractor to the frame. It was still dark out, cab windows were still foggy, and I missed the driveway entrance and drove (backed) right into the ditch next to the culvert. Stuck it *really* good, couldn't push my way out with the FEL. Went to get the truck to pull out the tractor and proceeded to get the truck buried in the snow also.

I should have quit there, but I didn't. After multiple attempts, and a nice neighbor, we got the truck out. While getting the tractor out (which we did-but pulled a front tire off the rim in the process) my wife proceeded to get the truck into the ditch and bury it. Friendly neighbor saw the tractor come out, and thinking "job done", he left. After getting the tractor up to the garage (to try and get the tire back on the rim), I noticed the wife wasn't moving in the truck.

Another friendly neighbor and an hour later, and we got the truck out. During that process, I noticed the front drive on the 4wd was out on the truck. Explained why it was stuck so bad. Got the truck up to the house (finally) and called it a day.

I messed with the tractor front tire yesterday and couldn't get it seated back on the rim. Tried the ratchet strap trick, but the tire is just too thick/stiff. Going to try ether tonight and see if I can pop the bead back on the rim.

I haven't even looked at the truck yet. Nothing is hanging down, and it doesn't grind when you drive it. I don't know if it's hubs, diff (probably not, no grinding) or transfer case.

Sigh. Well, that's what March has started out like. Can't wait.
Good luck getting that front tire bead seated, if you can get the tire warmed up from a heater it might behave better. No idea on your pickup but with these newer ones it's often quite simple once you locate the problem. Often a wire or connection on a front axle disconnect or the transfer case actuator.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,243  
Didn't do much with the Branson today except swap things around in case the weather guessers are right,
everything from 2-6", 6-8" or 8-12", doing my part to try for the 2" swaped from the back blade and bucket to the blower and front blade.
Back blade and bucket 2.jpg

Blower 1.jpg

Blade 1.jpg

Blade and blower 1.jpg

She's ready so hopefully she just sits and isn't needed.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,244  
We got some snow on Tuesday. Went to clear my driveway Wednesday morning and proceeded to bury the tractor to the frame. It was still dark out, cab windows were still foggy, and I missed the driveway entrance and drove (backed) right into the ditch next to the culvert. Stuck it *really* good, couldn't push my way out with the FEL. Went to get the truck to pull out the tractor and proceeded to get the truck buried in the snow also.

I should have quit there, but I didn't. After multiple attempts, and a nice neighbor, we got the truck out. While getting the tractor out (which we did-but pulled a front tire off the rim in the process) my wife proceeded to get the truck into the ditch and bury it. Friendly neighbor saw the tractor come out, and thinking "job done", he left. After getting the tractor up to the garage (to try and get the tire back on the rim), I noticed the wife wasn't moving in the truck.

Another friendly neighbor and an hour later, and we got the truck out. During that process, I noticed the front drive on the 4wd was out on the truck. Explained why it was stuck so bad. Got the truck up to the house (finally) and called it a day.

I messed with the tractor front tire yesterday and couldn't get it seated back on the rim. Tried the ratchet strap trick, but the tire is just too thick/stiff. Going to try ether tonight and see if I can pop the bead back on the rim.

I haven't even looked at the truck yet. Nothing is hanging down, and it doesn't grind when you drive it. I don't know if it's hubs, diff (probably not, no grinding) or transfer case.

Take the wheel off, wheel & tire into the house to warm up

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,245  
Bob did you get pounded with snow with the last storms? We got 7" of wet snow. I'm going to be cleaning up downed trees and branches for months. It was really hard on the coast live oaks, which is a bummer as they're one of my favorite trees.

I think the most it has accumulated before melting is about the same as you... 6-7" and definitely wet.

Over the course of the winter I've had some fallen trees and a few large limbs so once weather permits I'll be doing a fair amount of cleanup too.

On the bright side, now that I have the Kubota L345 (and don't have to remove the backhoe from the Branson) I'll be looking to use my Howse rotary cutter and Echo Bearcat brush chipper for the first time once things dry out a bit.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,246  

Damn Slim, Epically bad morning!

Glad that the damage wasn't worse and you have everything back on the level.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,247  
Finally got the tire to seat back on the rim today. Holy Frejoles! That was a pain. It's an industrial tire (front) and I swear it's made from cast iron. Picked up a bead blaster and some tire bead lube, also used one of my 10K lb ratchet straps to really cinch it down hard, and it FINALLY sealed up today. Been running it around cleaning up the snow we got early this week. We're supposed to get more snow starting tomorrow. We'll see.

Haven't even looked at the truck yet.

Oh, and I sheared off 2 of the 4 auger shear pins on my old walk behind snow blower last night clearing off the back patio. I think they were the original pins, at least 20 years old. Ace hardware still stocked them (MTD made blower), so I bought 2 packs of 4 pins. The other 2 original pins look pretty badly bent, had to drive them out with a punch. But that was the easiest repair so far this week.