What do you drive for a truck?

/ What do you drive for a truck? #361  
   / What do you drive for a truck? #362  
I thought z71 was the off-road package also, although I'm a ford guy.
It also might be different in Canada.
Or the previous owner just liked the decals.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #363  
Or a bed swap???

/ What do you drive for a truck? #364  
They let you order the Z71 package on 2wd trucks for a while. Shocks, skid plates and sometimes a rear locker.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #365  
They let you order the Z71 package on 2wd trucks for a while. Shocks, skid plates and sometimes a rear locker.
Didn't know that. Thanks for the info

/ What do you drive for a truck? #366  
Didn't know that. Thanks for the info
Ditto here. Thank you for passing it on.

I could be mistaken (again), but until a year or so ago was under the impression that the package included lockers on both ends. I was thinking about upgrading strictly for that function, but found that is no longer the case.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #367  
Uhhh, I looking it up and that's a truck. A great truck. (y)
Any more pics ?
Here's another photo, but it's not a truck. They called it a wrecker, and with front and rear winches plus the 10-ton (rotator) crane it's a fairly good one.
DSCN4702.JPG

If THAT ain't a truck then neither is a Kenworth. :D
Most KWs aren't trucks, they're tractors (made to pull trailers, not put things onto), just like my Pete wasn't a truck.
Stuff 577.jpg

/ What do you drive for a truck? #368  
Here's another photo, but it's not a truck. They called it a wrecker, and with front and rear winches plus the 10-ton (rotator) crane it's a fairly good one.View attachment 863447

Most KWs aren't trucks, they're tractors (made to pull trailers, not put things onto), just like my Pete wasn't a truck.View attachment 863448
Yet take the 5th wheel off, put a dump body on either of those... and they become a truck. At the end of the day they perform the same duties no matter what you choose to call them. A rose by any other name...
(After checking to see what forum we're in I will stop at that. ;) )

Last edited:
   / What do you drive for a truck? #369  
Yes, much like my Ram 3500 was "incomplete vehicle" until I put the flatbed on it. Now it's a truck, because it has a cargo area (there are DOT requirements for the minimum size).

When I have something other than the bed on it, it's no longer a truck. If there's nothing it reverts back the incomplete vehicle, if it's a camper it becomes an RV.

I learned an awful lot about this stuff when I had that Pete, used as an RV and insured as such, and trying to put living quarters on the back with room for the Jeep behind that.

No dice, so I figured that if I have to have it registered as commercial (this was in CA) I might as well just build a toy hauler for it.

So it stayed a tractor, with no (or not enough) square footage for cargo. But I do have hand trucks (dollies) and such that are indeed trucks.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #370  
You mean a road tractor.

THIS is a tractor :giggle:
1713660808678.jpeg

Last edited: