What Do You Do For Exercise?

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #81  
We walk about 3 miles every day, weather permitting. In the mountains; a lot different that flat land. I try to stay in a routine where I do upper body strength training with dumbbells one day, lower body weight strength exercises the next, and a day off except for walking. At 67, I realize that without strength training, my muscle mass will reduce rapidly. For me, this is they key. Minimize the inevitable loss of muscle mass as I age and keep the heart and lungs healthy.

Jack
What do you do for lower body? I have bad knees and am losing leg muscle. I need to do something about it.

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #83  
Feed the cows, fix fences, cut trees, bush hog fields, trim fence lines, clear culverts, clean ditches, chase cows, pull calves, etc.
When I meet my spouse she did rehab in a cardic unit. Every person she seen to keep them from having a 2nd one said they already do lots of exercise now, like feed the cows, fix fences, cut trees, bush hog fields, trim fence lines, clear culverts, clean ditches, chase cows, pull calves, etc.

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #84  
I've recently been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and have to lose weight, so I'm on a diet and exercise every day. Do workouts three days a week, yoga (2 days), and long walks and cycling when the weather allows.
If you can get your heart going a bit every day, you will lose that weight and feel better in general.. (y)

Last edited:
   / What Do You Do For Exercise? #85  
What do you do for lower body? I have bad knees and am losing leg muscle. I need to do something about it.
I hurt my back a few years ago, and don’t use weights for my lower body routines anymore. Youtube is a great resource for exercise routines. I go to YouTube, and search for “lower body workouts without weights”. You can do a similar search for “lower body workouts for bad knees”. I find that routines from “Hasfit” and “Fitness Blender” to be particularly good for me.

Merry Christmas!

Jack

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #86  
I used to ride a mountain bike for exercise until my hips gave out. I've since had both replaced but I'm still limited in how long I can ride a regular bike. A couple of years ago, I discovered "E-bikes" that have electric motors to ease the pedal effort. An electric bike might not seem like the best idea for exercise but I find I'm out riding longer, farther and more frequently than I used to on the mountain bike. I get the same amount of exercise but it's over a longer period of time. I also get to enjoy the scenery more.

The E-bike has kept me active enough and conditioned my muscles to the point where I can now ride an exercise bike indoors during inclement weather.

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #87  
What tropical jack said, do squats and lunges without weights, front kicks, back kicks, side kicks, just a full range of motion with your legs. Do a series of that every day or every other day, as many as you could do until you feel discomfort.

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #88  
Hand shovel the drive way in the winter, hand shovel all of the mulch and dirt. Not the greatest, but its a thing.

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #89  
I used to be an active cyclist but mostly due to age, I wasn't getting out as much as I did previously. That all changed 3 years ago when I discovered electrically assisted E-bikes. You might think it would be counter productive for getting exercise but I'm out longer and riding further than ever. I've lost 40# in the last year alone!

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #90  
Consider using an indoor rowing machine It’s a great cardio and entire body workout where YOU determine the pace

I row almost every day.

IMG_3338.png