What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today?

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #351  
Quick question, Do all the Chinese baby diggers have the Torque Marks 0n the fasteners?? my L12 has a Sharpie mark across
all the nuts, bolts, connections. I have been turning wrenches long enough to know when the fasteners I am removing have been torqued to the same spec. or at least within a few pounds.. so far, everything I have removed has been properly torqued.
My L-12 has marks all over it AND one wheel motor has started leaking around a fitting, so something was NOT put on right. It wont tighten any more and I am not about to mess with it unless it starts really spraying. I think the fine chimineese cross threaded the fitting,--- probably looked straight thru his cross eyes!!!

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #352  
My L-12 has marks all over it AND one wheel motor has started leaking around a fitting, so something was NOT put on right. It wont tighten any more and I am not about to mess with it unless it starts really spraying. I think the fine chimineese cross threaded the fitting,--- probably looked straight thru his cross eyes!!!
Could be a damaged O-ring. Easy fix. You are right not to over-tighten.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #353  
50mm.. Thats gotta be expensive and hard to find.
Cheap Chinese set. eBay. Good enough for what I do. Not Snap-On.

As for the Milwaukee M12 series of battery tools, I love them. Super small, light, and powerful. Hopefully my "last" series of battery tools.....

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today?
That stinks. I was worried about cross- threading the hydraulic lines when I did the switch yesterday. The hydraulic lines were very stubborn and difficult to align properly. They wanted to stay where they were. I think the fact that they are run inside the boom made it more difficult.

How many hours on your L12? Have you changed the hydraulic fluid yet?

I bought two or three sets of crows feet a couple of years ago trying to find one that actually fit some mini split line set fittings. Ended up buying a digital torque wrench with an adjustable head.
How do you like the torque wrench? I am considering upgrading from the Old-style.

I have a bunch of crows foot wrenches, up to 50mm, but I could not find my 17mm. The 15mm is slightly smaller, and I prob would never use that size. So I ground it out with a Milwaukee M12 3" reversible angle grinder (nice tool!), and finished it with a file.

The body of the 17mm crows foot would likely be too big for the tight spot I was trying to access.
Is this the angle grinder? What is the benefit of it being reversable? s-l1600 MILWAUKEE.jpg

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #357  
Is this the angle grinder? What is the benefit of it being reversable?View attachment 853524
That's it, yes. Reversible allows abrasive cutting in confined spaces when the spin direction really matters. Come with diamond blade as well as cutoff wheel and shoe. Uses standard 3/8" hole, 3" diameter discs.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #358  
How do you like the torque wrench? I am considering upgrading from the Old-style.
The digital torque wrench I bought is specifically for tightening the line set connections on mini split lines which need to be tight enough, but not overtightened in order not to leak. It isn't really designed for mechanics work.

I was generally disappointed in the fit of the crows feet I bought. Tried using them on the backhoe and ended up using a regular wrench.

The digital torque wrench I bought is specifically for tightening the line set connections on mini split lines which need to be tight enough, but not overtightened in order not to leak. It isn't really designed for mechanics work.

I was generally disappointed in the fit of the crows feet I bought. Tried using them on the backhoe and ended up using a regular wrench.
The set of metric I bought is Craftsman. Quality is not the same as it used to be and made in China.:confused:

This may give us an idea for the possibility of a brush cutter.