What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today?

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #341  
If you need to remove hydraulic lines from the stack valve, you may need a 17mm crows foot. I had to buy the entire set just to get the 17. really helped to get the lines off.

Funny you mention the crows foot wrench.

I took a 15mm crows foot wrench and ground it to be 17mm. It is still a very tight fit on one of the hose fittings. And I needed a universal link for the ratchet. I was going to post in a Repairs thread.

As for stack valves, I have had some where you must remove outside hoses before you can get to ones in the middle (my Bulgarian backhoe attachment). Fortunately my XN08 was not too bad.

Good job.

Attachments

• crows_ft_17.jpg
    crows_ft_17.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 25
   / What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today?
Funny you mention the crows foot wrench.

I took a 15mm crows foot wrench and ground it to be 17mm. It is still a very tight fit on one of the hose fittings. And I needed a universal link for the ratchet. I was going to post in a Repairs thread.

As for stack valves, I have had some where you must remove outside hoses before you can get to ones in the middle (my Bulgarian backhoe attachment). Fortunately my XN08 was not too bad.

Good job.
Just to make sure I understand, you ground the inside of 15 to make a 17mm??. Thats quite an idea. Never would have thought of that one. Did you have a machine to do the work?

I allowed myself 30 minutes for the ISO to SAE swap. Took about 3 hours with a few breaks in between. The swap
was simple, but not easy.

I pulled the sheet metal off when I switched controls, which made it fairly simple. Pulling the sheet metal off was a bit more work.
I thought removing the access panel would give me plenty of room to get the lines swapped. about half way thru I considered removing the entire column, but I finally got it switched.

Thats rather disappointing news about AGT. I thought they made their own products. I was impressed with the L12 quality compared to what I have heard about some other brands. So I may never know who manufactured my L12. :confused:

You know you're in a tight spot when you need a Crows Foot, on a Swivel, on an Extension!!crows_ft_17.jpg

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #346  
I thought removing the access panel would give me plenty of room to get the lines swapped. about half way thru I considered removing the entire column, but I finally got it switched.
Oh, I get it. You were trying to get in there thru an access panel. My low-brow early-generation mini has no such thing. Off with the entire console.

Now that AgroTK has sold a bunch of machines over about a 2y period, I can already see a bunch of changes, which are really improvements. If you think an "L12" is gonna stay an "L12" for even a year, you will likely be surprised. That may be why the model name has gone thru a number of slight changes.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #347  
Just to make sure I understand, you ground the inside of 15 to make a 17mm??. Thats quite an idea. Never would have thought of that one. Did you have a machine to do the work?
I have a bunch of crows foot wrenches, up to 50mm, but I could not find my 17mm. The 15mm is slightly smaller, and I prob would never use that size. So I ground it out with a Milwaukee M12 3" reversible angle grinder (nice tool!), and finished it with a file.

The body of the 17mm crows foot would likely be too big for the tight spot I was trying to access.

Last edited:
I have a bunch of crows foot wrenches, up to 50mm, but I could not find my 17mm. The 15mm is slightly smaller, and I prob would never use that size. So I ground it out with a Milwaukee M12 3" reversible angle grinder (nice tool!), and finished it with a file.

The body of the 17mm crows foot would likely be too big for the tight spot I was trying to access.
Hopefully I will remember that trick if I ever need it. I had a complete set of SAE and several duplicates. a few metric, but no 17. I am not familiar with the Milwaukee you mentioned, I will check it out. Always looking for another useful tool.

50mm.. Thats gotta be expensive and hard to find.

Oh, I get it. You were trying to get in there thru an access panel. My low-brow early-generation mini has no such thing. Off with the entire console.

Now that AgroTK has sold a bunch of machines over about a 2y period, I can already see a bunch of changes, which are really improvements. If you think an "L12" is gonna stay an "L12" for even a year, you will likely be surprised. That may be why the model name has gone thru a number of slight changes.
You are right about the improvements. I try to track any improvements on the L12 that they come up with. Mine is a 2023, and I see a few nice changes on the 2024. Most notable is the ROPS that pivots. I think they also come with a seatbelt now.:) I guess it took a little while to decide if it was really necessary:unsure:

Last edited:
   / What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #350  
I bought two or three sets of crows feet a couple of years ago trying to find one that actually fit some mini split line set fittings. Ended up buying a digital torque wrench with an adjustable head.