What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today?

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today?
:) When I bought my Typhon I really was not expecting much. It has exceeded my expectations. If it lasts a few years of my infrequent light use I will be satisfied. I would never expect it to be in the same league as a Terramite.
I haven't heard anything bad about the Typhon machines. They must be pretty well built.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #252  
The groundhog dealer in KY has a YT video on the tracks, but haven't watched it yet.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today?
The groundhog dealer in KY has a YT video on the tracks, but haven't watched it yet.
Thanks,, I will check it out.. I have seen a few people with a ripped track already. Could be operator error, lack of maintenance, or the thing none of us want to hear,, defective part.. We really do have a lot going against us.. Without this site and good knowledgeable people who take the time to share and help us, I don't think I would want to own my lil digger.. A big THANKS to Dfkrug, Mattb4, Sonny580, TimberFarm, KilroyJC. You guys make this a great place to learn how to get the most out of our Little Baby Diggers..(y)

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #254  
With the boom facing down ramp you can push the bucket against the ground and use it to raise up the machine and scoot along on the bucket for a few feet. Traction than is no issue.
In my experience, that does not work going up a steep slope. The friction of the bucket on the ground acting as an outrigger keeps you from making any headway.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #255  
In my experience, that does not work going up a steep slope. The friction of the bucket on the ground acting as an outrigger keeps you from making any headway.
Steep slopes with long distance travel are not going to have the same operation as a short ramp. Frankly I would not try to take my digger on anything more than a modest slope. Especially with the lack of roll over protection.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #256  
Thanks,, I will check it out.. I have seen a few people with a ripped track already. Could be operator error, lack of maintenance, or the thing none of us want to hear,, defective part.. We really do have a lot going against us.. Without this site and good knowledgeable people who take the time to share and help us, I don't think I would want to own my lil digger.. A big THANKS to Dfkrug, Mattb4, Sonny580, TimberFarm, KilroyJC. You guys make this a great place to learn how to get the most out of our Little Baby Diggers..(y)
Sorry. I was mistaken about the location being in KY. The dealer is Groundhog Equipment, LLC in Pa. He also has a video of a 24" flail mower ($1995) mounted to a ZH250-2 mini x.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #257  
Yeah, looks like Rhino removed the vid they posted about getting the tracks back on. There are now several other vids that show getting the tracks back on, both inward and outward.

I bought spare tracks (only $100 each) but I don't see wearing them out as long as I limit turns on my paved road.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #258  
I would like to find spare tracks for $100!! lol!
I have been over some nasty stuff with mine and they are fine so far.
On the track subject, I dont care for the grease type tightners! I will down the road convert them to rod/spring/nut manual tensioners.
Have the hyd. ones on my IH 250-c crawler loader and they are a joke!

I could use the ripper tooth and grapple for mine too!

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #259  
Have the hyd. ones on my IH 250-c crawler loader and they are a joke!
Would that be "Moose"?

Other than hydraulic tensioners, how else can you tension tracks on such large and heavy equipment? Are spring tensioners what they used on earlier crawlers?

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #260  
Ya, that be Moose! ALL earlier crawlers had manual spring tensioners on them. Later they went to the grease crap that never worked!