What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today?

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today?
I do like the cab but it absolutely does make it harder to access stuff. If I want to remove a side panel I will need to lift it a little at a minimum or maybe even remove it. The bottom lip covers some bolts that hold on the side panels. It does add a couple hundred pounds to the machine though which i like and it is nice to be dry and warm.
How do you think it will do on snow and ice?

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #172  
How do you think it will do on snow and ice?
I don't plan to use it much in or on the snow - if I use it again before spring it will just be to clear ice from the driveway again which will already be clear of snow. I mostly wanted it to keep everything dry and for the extra weight. We're actually getting hit with a Nor'easter storm right now. I've attached a picture taken just now.

Attachments

• 1000006163.jpg
    1000006163.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 36
I don't plan to use it much in or on the snow - if I use it again before spring it will just be to clear ice from the driveway again which will already be clear of snow. I mostly wanted it to keep everything dry and for the extra weight. We're actually getting hit with a Nor'easter storm right now. I've attached a picture taken just now.
Thats a great pic!!

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #174  
I never thought about using a minix for snow removal. The heat that normally rises from the engine up to the operator's seat would be welcome with that cab and that snowfall.

I never thought about using a minix for snow removal. The heat that normally rises from the engine up to the operator's seat would be welcome with that cab and that snowfall.
I was just curious. Maybe in an emergency situation, If I could grab a 4ft plow and push snow off the trail or the lane.

They keep saying we have several huge snowstorms possible this month. I have other snow removal equipment, but seeing how I use my digger for everything other than digging,,, :oops: :oops: why not try it in snow?? :)

We are getting closer.. I have a DR trimmer like this one and I think I can put a brush cutter head on it. Any opinions on this setup?

Looks like they do pretty good in snow..
Well, It looks like its making a big mess, learning curve?

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #178  
We are getting closer.. I have a DR trimmer like this one and I think I can put a brush cutter head on it. Any opinions on this setup?
I had a Craftsman walk behind string trimmer that was manual push propelled. It was a miserable amount of work to push it, but it did a surprisingly good job of shredding kudzu down to the ground. Mounting to the mini X would seem to overcome the propulsion issue, and the ability to raise it up and down would also be good for working tall patch of weeds down.

If the engine has a low oil shutdown that actually works, perhaps that would prevent oil starvation from killing engines one after the other.

I also think there is a brush blade that can be added so you don't have to replace the trimmer line as often, but you wouldn't want to hit any rocks or T posts with it.

Would need to wear face protection, and I'd be thinking about adding a shatter resistant piece of lexan/polycarbonate to the ROPs.

I didn't watch the snowplow video carefully enough, but it looked like it wasn't so easy to regulate the blade depth on that gravel driveway.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #179  
I didn't watch the snowplow video carefully enough, but it looked like it wasn't so easy to regulate the blade depth on that gravel driveway.
Yeah, he needs a float function on the blade valve. But very interesting test. I have watched that guy's vids and he gets a lot of credit for innovation.

I also like the trimmer vid.

If the engine has a low oil shutdown that actually works, perhaps that would prevent oil starvation from killing engines one after the other.
I dont think I will need to tilt the trimmer much at all. definitely not enough to kill the engine.