What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today?

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #161  
Very nice machine. I bet you are loving the cab. I wish I had gotten one, I was concerned that it may prevent me from accessing a few things easily. But now I really could use a warm dry cab. Its cold and snowy here today.
I do like the cab but it absolutely does make it harder to access stuff. If I want to remove a side panel I will need to lift it a little at a minimum or maybe even remove it. The bottom lip covers some bolts that hold on the side panels. It does add a couple hundred pounds to the machine though which i like and it is nice to be dry and warm.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today?
I do like the cab but it absolutely does make it harder to access stuff. If I want to remove a side panel I will need to lift it a little at a minimum or maybe even remove it. The bottom lip covers some bolts that hold on the side panels. It does add a couple hundred pounds to the machine though which i like and it is nice to be dry and warm.
Does it have eyebolt lifting points on top? That would make it easier for maintenance. Maybe have a place with overhead rope and pulley system to remove it when needed.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #163  
Does it have eyebolt lifting points on top? That would make it easier for maintenance. Maybe have a place with overhead rope and pulley system to remove it when needed.
It does have 2 eyebolts on top and I picked up a chain fall hoist to be able to lift off the cab if I need to.

It does have 2 eyebolts on top and I picked up a chain fall hoist to be able to lift off the cab if I need to.
That will help with the maintenance and any improvements you may do. I am curious what the cab weighs. I would guess they are around 400lb, but I think you said 200?

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #165  
That will help with the maintenance and any improvements you may do. I am curious what the cab weighs. I would guess they are around 400lb, but I think you said 200?
Now that you mention it I think I've seen the model without the cab advertised at 1000kg and mine is listed at 1150kg so I guess it's about 330lbs? Hard to be sure with the way they play with the specs.

An extr
Now that you mention it I think I've seen the model without the cab advertised at 1000kg and mine is listed at 1150kg so I guess it's about 330lbs? Hard to be sure with the way they play with the specs.
an extra 350 lbs should make a difference in digging I would think. From pics I have seen recently, it appears they are not too difficult to remove. Do you raise your seat to fill the fuel tank?

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #167  
An extr

an extra 350 lbs should make a difference in digging I would think. From pics I have seen recently, it appears they are not too difficult to remove. Do you raise your seat to fill the fuel tank?
Yes - fuel fill is still under the seat. And it doesn't look too bad to remove the cab. When I need to my plan is to park it under a tree with a heavy branch to hang the chain fall from. Then it's just a few bolts and I should be able to lift the cab straight up. The one unknown is whether the couple of wires for the fan, light and windshield wiper motor have disconnects or if I'll have to add them myself. I just haven't looked yet.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #168  
I apologize if I missed it and I am also confused by all the similar looking but different mini-exs, but where did you get your cab? Does it fit the Agotek L12? I'm not seeing an accessory cab on their website? Accessory - agrotkindustrial

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #169  
I apologize if I missed it and I am also confused by all the similar looking but different mini-exs, but where did you get your cab? Does it fit the Agotek L12? I'm not seeing an accessory cab on their website? Accessory - agrotkindustrial
Mine came with the cab already on it. I *think* mine is the same machine as the Typhon branded machines but mine is not branded at all. I bought mine from the "Heavydutymachines" seller on ebay but those folks have a few business's they run. The same folks also run a company called "5 Star Tools" and "Kamran Auto Exchange". They were super good to deal with and literally answered the phone every time I called and even recognized my phone number and greeted me by first name every time. They are a five star operation (pun intended but also serious). 😀

I seriously doubt we will ever find a cab for the L12 due the the rear hatch. I have had soft-cabs on equipment and have made custom cabs for tractors. It may be possible to adapt a softcab to the L12 but I havent come up with a workable idea yet. The windshield would be the easiest part to do, I think the cheap plastic windshield for golfcarts may work. The door is usually the toughest part of a cab build.