What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,411  
I picked up a hydraulic tree shear for my MT573 from a Ritchie Bros auction and hooked it up and tested it today.
Jury is out on it. It is nice to cut from inside an A/C cab, but it is kind of awkward using it. I guess it's the learning curve. The one thing I do not like is how vulnerable the hoses are

Attachments

• LS Tractor Tree Shear1.jpeg
    LS Tractor Tree Shear1.jpeg
    561.4 KB · Views: 78
  • LS Tractor Tree Shear2.jpeg
    LS Tractor Tree Shear2.jpeg
    636.9 KB · Views: 70
   / What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,412  
Confidence comes with use; that's going to be one of your favorite implements once you've got the hang of it!

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,414  
Confidence comes with use; that's going to be one of your favorite implements once you've got the hang of it!
I hope so.
The hoses though seem so easy to get ripped out from a tree slipping. I
I need to make a set up to keep them tight to the frame. I just grabbed a couple bungees from the truck to test it.
The fittings going into the cylinder are right out there to bang into anything that comes along. A good strong cover over them would do them good.

The shear came with flat face connectors and my third function just had the regular quick connects. So, I ordered flat faced for the third function. I didn't like that it looked like it was too easy to get dirt in them. Flat faced are a lot heavier too.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,417  
I hope so.
The hoses though seem so easy to get ripped out from a tree slipping. I
I need to make a set up to keep them tight to the frame. I just grabbed a couple bungees from the truck to test it.
The fittings going into the cylinder are right out there to bang into anything that comes along. A good strong cover over them would do them good.

The shear came with flat face connectors and my third function just had the regular quick connects. So, I ordered flat faced for the third function. I didn't like that it looked like it was too easy to get dirt in them. Flat faced are a lot heavier too.

I've been told flat faced couplers are easier to keep clean, but I have no personal experience with them. It seems like when people get the hang of them they develop a preference for the flat face; again, hearsay, but maybe it'll ease your mind some.

As for the hoses, maybe some vinyl or leather scraps wrapped around and held in place with thick zip ties would provide some protection? You may even have better options, I'm just thinking of what's around me lol.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,418  
huge upgrade today :p
When I am stump grinding I need to sit somewhat sideways to see, and the bolts for the loader control bracket scratch the heck out of my lower leg, even when I cover them with a cloth. I replaced them today, will find out how well it works tomorrow.

Before:
T_Bracket1.jpg

After:
T_Bracket3.jpg

Last edited: