What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,131  
Thanks for the picture ! Looks pretty slick, I might have to try the same thing because where my SMV sign is now it interferes with the hoses for the hydraulic top link.
I’ve been trying to figure out where to relocate mine too ( it’s off right now) for the same reason ( interference w/hydraulic lines for T&T). Never looked at the strut attachments-great idea.
I also played around and came up with another option if it interests you. I used a 1/2 inch wire rope clamp and a piece of scrap steel for this version. This version also does not interfere with the rear window opening.
PXL_20211202_223605957.jpg
PXL_20211202_223559895.jpg

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,132  
I dare it to snow in central Virginia this year. I finished adding UHMV strips to my FEL and Rear Blade. I removed the cutting edge on the rear blade so I wouldn’t have to drill any holes in it. I didn’t realize how heavy it was. So I’m already for the snow to fall.
IMG_1959.JPG
IMG_2010.JPG

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,133  
   / What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,134  
Dimensions please.

I bought a total of three UHMW Sheet 3/4" x 4" x48" By Peachtree Woodworking - PW1125 from Amazon. The FEL width is about 2 in longer than the UHMV so there is an inch gap on each side. I bought 1/2 carriage bolts and bored out each hole enough to make the bolt flush with the UHMV. For the rear blade, I had to use two pieces of UHMV since they sold only up to 48 in and my blade is 60in. I cut them down to size and drilled 5/8 holes in them to match the size on the existing holes in the attachment. I did take off the cutting blade. If I didn’t, I would have to drill hole in it which I didn’t want to do. The total cost of both FEL and rear blade mod was $130. That includes the bolt that I bought at my favorite store Tractor Supply. There nuts and bolts are sold by weight not by individual pieces as Lowes or Home Depot does. I believe it was 2.99 a pound.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,135  
I bought a total of three UHMW Sheet 3/4" x 4" x48" By Peachtree Woodworking - PW1125 from Amazon. The FEL width is about 2 in longer than the UHMV so there is an inch gap on each side. I bought 1/2 carriage bolts and bored out each hole enough to make the bolt flush with the UHMV. For the rear blade, I had to use two pieces of UHMV since they sold only up to 48 in and my blade is 60in. I cut them down to size and drilled 5/8 holes in them to match the size on the existing holes in the attachment. I did take off the cutting blade. If I didn’t, I would have to drill hole in it which I didn’t want to do. The total cost of both FEL and rear blade mod was $130. That includes the bolt that I bought at my favorite store Tractor Supply. There nuts and bolts are sold by weight not by individual pieces as Lowes or Home Depot does. I believe it was 2.99 a pound.
Excellent....Thank you. here at the lake we get some really heavy snow and big berms. I have a really long concert driveway...just worried about wear n tear.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,136  
I moved my toolbox to give me the step back on the right side. It doesn't interfere with the door or the front tire.

I have a small plastic toolbox I may see if I can mount it to the license plate bracket on the back of the cab.
PXL_20211211_125003932.jpg

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,137  
Took 2 bucket loads of white oak scraps over to the neighbor for kindling. We installed a pellet stove, so no use for scraps anymore. Easier for me to give it to him rather than taking to the dump or getting a burn permit.

At least I got a few minutes of seat time.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,138  
Removed the backhoe and covered it for the impending 5ft. of snow expected this weekend.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,139  
Well yesterday was my first time blowing snow this season, we got about 12 inches overnight, everything went fairly well but it also turned out to be my first time shearing a pin, my blower has two shear pins, one for the chain drive and one for the PTO, the one for the PTO sheared and was very easy to replace with just a pair of 1/2 inch wrenches .
But I also noticed the chain drive shear pin was loose, it takes 7/16 wrenches and didn’t have a self locking nut so I just tightened it, it’s a little difficult to get at but today I’m planning to put a self locking nut on it just like the shear pin for the PTO has and probably try adjusting the chain a little as well.
Believe I picked up some crap from using rear blade to plow from an earlier much smaller snowstorm and that’s probably what caused the pin to shear, I had never sheared a pin before.

Last edited:
   / What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?
#2,140  
Contemplating paying it off. At the current pace, it'll be paid off by March of '23, which would be about two years early. I'm at a point where I might be able to pay it off by March '22 which would save me another year's interest. That's only a couple hundred bucks or less since interest is under $15/mo due to the extra payments that brought the principle down. Bank account interest is nothing, so there's no advantage there. Plus with the loan gone, I could make a change in insurance since it would no longer be obligated.