What did you do for your tractor today?

/ What did you do for your tractor today?
Yesterday I was using the offset flail mower. I noticed it's not easy seeing how close the mower is to the fence without leaning out of the seat and craning to look over the tire. Today I mounted a pvc pipe standing up on the leading edge to show where the end of the mower is. So far so good.

Attachments

• IMG_3165.JPG
    IMG_3165.JPG
    376.4 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_3166.JPG
    IMG_3166.JPG
    266.6 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
   / What did you do for your tractor today? #52  
Yesterday I was using the offset flail mower. I noticed it's not easy seeing how close the mower is to the fence without leaning out of the seat and craning to look over the tire. Today I mounted a pvc pipe standing up on the leading edge to show where the end of the mower is. So far so good.
I have a mind to do that to mine along with a couple of sideways gauge wheels just in case the operator is an idiot lol

I have a mind to do that to mine along with a couple of sideways gauge wheels just in case the operator is an idiot lol
YES a wheel ! I kept thinking about a bar or a skid but you sir are genius . Thank you

I haven't put the bumper wheel on yet. I've been too busy mowing!
Been thinking the telescoping draw bars will need to a set for movement not rigid as I do now.
Modern Kubota arms have pins to set the length and even one slotted selection on each side.

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #56  
I looked at my tractor through my kitchen window as the rain fell down outside.

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #58  
I got some seat time today after 2+ weeks. I split an old ash tree and used the bucket to carry it to the wood shed. 4 trips. After that I put the new to me rock rake on and proceeded to rake the yard of tree limbs and leaves. Saved me days worth of work in less than an hour. Then I went down to the food plot I have been clearing and used the rake to clean up limbs and knock off a few high to low spots from digging stumps with the BH77. Then I started pushing some dirt for the small pond I will be making. I will switch to the BH tomorrow so I can dig a few more stumps next week. I learned the rake is not a very good counter weight for a full bucket in the loader.

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #59  
Spent the winter in Arizona and was anxious to come back to Maine and get ready for spring! First thing I did was start the tractor, and was thrilled to know that the amount of mice traps and bait I laid out last fall when I sealed it in my barn was just the right amount. No chewed wire harness this time.

Spent the day clearing up from a bad winter of broken trees, some in half, due to heavy wet snow storms. Cut the pieces to 12-15' and laid them across my pallet forks to bring to the burn pile. Lots of work but its good to be home.

Finally ~ finally installed the Bro-Tech 3 " rear wheel spacers on the MX5200.
They had been sitting on work table for months.
Had to get a helper as the liquid filled rears weighed a whole lot. We slid the forklift under the wheel and lifted the tractor and set it on a jack stand. Then removed the tire using the forks as a cradle for the incredibly heavy tire & wheel. The Bro-tech adapters were an exact match just like the smaller fronts had been. Tire went on with the forklift and a hand operated bar. Glad I didn't try that by myself.
I only got a little test but it does seem more stable on a side hill.
2" in front 3" in the rear.