What did you buy this week?

/ What did you buy this week? #451  
That's outrageous. Was this some event center, toll plaza, airport or something?

According to McDonald's website today, the average price of a fillet o fish sandwich in the US is $4.58, the low price is $3.59 in Kentucky, and the high price is $7.09 in Massachusetts.

Nope, just a McDonalds right by I-40. This store has never been corporate owned. It is franchised owned. Haven't been there in years. I normally don't eat McDonalds, at all. Wife had a hankering for a fish sandwich and fries. So, she went there and picked up dinner. I knew fast food prices were going up, I didn't realize they had passed the price of some sit down restraunts. Needless to say, we will never go back.

/ What did you buy this week? #454  
Nope, just a McDonalds right by I-40. This store has never been corporate owned. It is franchised owned. Haven't been there in years. I normally don't eat McDonalds, at all. Wife had a hankering for a fish sandwich and fries. So, she went there and picked up dinner. I knew fast food prices were going up, I didn't realize they had passed the price of some sit down restraunts. Needless to say, we will never go back.
That's a shame. I eat at McDonalds almost every time I drive out of town. The only places I've found with outrageous prices like that are on Toll Roads. I can guarantee that prices are not like that at a great majority of McD's in the US.

/ What did you buy this week? #457  
Ever read the ingredients in stuff at McDonald’s?

And the calories?

We can do better.
Yep. I used to eat there 5-7 times per week for years.

The key is...

Don't eat like a hog, stay active, and use some common sense.

I'd get a sausage McMuffin and a large beverage for $2 almost every morning. The beverage would last me all day.

Wife and I would go for lunch once or twice a week. We'd get two McChicken sandwiches, 2 side salads, 1 large drink and split it. $5.

We'd take the chicken off the sandwich and cut it up on the salad. Then tear up the bun top for croutons. Split one packet of dressing between us. We'd sit by the river and feed the bun bottoms to the ducks and squirrels.

We rarely buy their large sandwiches. Once or twice a year I'll get a Big Mac. Any other time I'll get a McChicken when I'm on the road, or a breakfast burrito if it's early in the morning.

/ What did you buy this week? #458  
We stopped eating fast food for two month and lost almost 10 pounds each... We we only weighed 160 and 115 prior!
It's amazing what happens to your body because of convenience
So 150 and 105 respectively?

I am always amazed at the size, shape, texture, hues, etc... of the human race. ;)

My dad was 6'3" and only weighed 130. They almost didn't let him in the Army after they drafted him in WWII. Mom was itty bitty woman and was 105 soaking wet.

Last time I weighed 150 was 1985. :ROFLMAO:
I was 24 years old, 6' tall, and wore 28" waist jeans.
I started lifting weights shortly after and got up to 238 at my peak.
I got back down to 200 for a brief period several years ago due to a broken hand and had to take 4 months off of work/activities. I'm back up over 230 again, but it's not in the same places it was 5 years ago. :unsure:

Could have something to do with this...

20# of dark chocolate covered dried tart cherries factory rejects bought for $35 back in March.....

Naah.

IMG_4090.jpeg

/ What did you buy this week? #459  
I have not eaten at McDonalds in almost 50 years. Not sure I ever missed it.
Probably been 35 since BK.
I think I had 5 guys 3 times lat year.
Usually make my own burgers.
Can't think of any fast food burger or chicken chain that I have been to in decades.

Going to buy a new tire for wifes car. Tried to plug the hole, but it's too big :-(

/ What did you buy this week? #460  
My co-worker wanted to eat fast food everyday. But maybe once every 2 weeks some old person would stand up and grab their throat and start thrashing around a bit while turning red.

They were choking and someone had to give them the Heimlich maneuver.

Talk about an appetite suppressant.