What did you buy this week?

/ What did you buy this week? #371  
Picked up the linked pedal kit for my CX, now to install it!

/ What did you buy this week? #373  
Flowers and veggies for this season. Put them in the greenhouse until frost danger passes.
(click to enlarge)

IMG_7031.jpeg IMG_7032.jpeg IMG_7033.jpeg IMG_7034.jpeg

/ What did you buy this week? #374  
New AC for the house. A 4 ton unit. Installed and taxes just under $7K.🥶
Not much off the cost of my first new car.
Took them a check this morning.
Secretary said they only take certified checks.
I told her I certify it's good.
Boss stepped out of his office and saw who it was and told her not to worry about it.
They've had some issues about people not paying and using bad checks.

/ What did you buy this week? #376  
Pneumatic crown stapler.

Needed something to attach chicken wire to the top of the chicken run (used screws and washers for primary fasteners, but only every foot or so) and some weather stripping on the door.

Always happy to build out my tool collection

/ What did you buy this week? #377  
   / What did you buy this week? #378  
I cannot understand why Subaru insists on continuing to build flat-4 engines. This nonsense of keeping the weight low is complete fluff. The engines are not powerful, are known for having several possible issues - including high oil consumption and headgasket failure - and are more difficult to work on. The CVT transmission, while efficient, is not durable and I do not like the feel or drone. The cars themselves are just OK. They feel cheaply made with thin metal doors and roofs, despite Subaru trying to market how safe they are. However, the Outback and Forester are roomy, fuel efficient, have a good AWD system, and are value priced. I guess that's why people like them.
The new suburu cars are not as good, like many things they have been ruined by federal mandates, EPA, cheap construction and that lousy transmission. 2014 was a great year for the Forrester though.

/ What did you buy this week? #379  
Pond pump , for the wife's little pond. She said make Shure it pumps at least 500 gallons an hour. Heh heh, Ok dear, I'll be right back. Struck out at home Depot.. off to the HF store, Mmm here is one that should work.... 4500 gallon per hour and 23ft head lift. Yep.:)

Last edited:
   / What did you buy this week? #380  
I'd do the same thing, outdoing Aquaventure Water Park in the Bahamas. I'd pick up 30ft of 8" PVC pipe for a goldfish slide.