What are you cooking for superbowl?

/ What are you cooking for superbowl? #21  
I presume that's tomorrow? Considering that over 5 billion dollars in betting is estimated, I suspect that a lot of people are going to be eating crow.

/ What are you cooking for superbowl? #22  
"Eating crow" - that is for sure Jstpssng. I just checked again and the game DOES NOT start at noon PDT. All the whoop-LA starts at noon. The game is at 3:30 PDT.

Heck - if I start watching at noon - I'll be SNORING long before 3:30.

I sure hope the team cheerleaders have nice costumes this year!!!

/ What are you cooking for superbowl? #23  
Eagles still 1&1/2 points.

Biggest statistical disparity between the 2 teams is red zone defense.
Chiefs red zone defense is 30th in the NFL. Eagles ranked 11th.

Biggest non-statistical disparity between the 2 teams is coaching and QB experience.
Big Red is much more experienced than Nick Sirianni.
Maholmes much more experienced than Hurts.

Last edited:
   / What are you cooking for superbowl?
I'm rooting for KC. I have to back the Lonestar blood, Mahomes is an East Texas native.

/ What are you cooking for superbowl? #25  
Venison chili to be served over your choice of Fritos or cornbread. Should be ready around kickoff. I'll be in bed by early 3rd quarter.

Venison chili to be served over your choice of Fritos or cornbread. Should be ready around kickoff. I'll be in bed by early 3rd quarter.
I made a big batch of venison chili earlier in the week, into vacuum sealed bags and then freeze. Always ready at a moment's notice and the frozen bags work great as "ice packs" in the cooler.

I eat mine with green onions and frito's, corn bread or oyster crackers. I use shredded swiss for the cheese.

/ What are you cooking for superbowl? #27  
I made a big batch of venison chili earlier in the week, into vacuum sealed bags and then freeze. Always ready at a moment's notice and the frozen bags work great as "ice packs" in the cooler.

I eat mine with green onions and frito's, corn bread or oyster crackers. I use shredded swiss for the cheese.
I like green onions too. I prefer shredded cheddar cheese. Recently I started adding a little sour cream on top of mine. Not sure if I will continue using the sour cream.

I add a can of creamy red beans. The creamy beans will thicken it up, but you don't notice the beans as much as other style beans. I also add some canned mushrooms. I have even added smoked deer sausage a few times.

/ What are you cooking for superbowl? #28  
Love venison chili….

I've posted this before. I add a small can of Chipotle Chili's in adobo sauce (chop the peppers) and a small can of diced jalapeno peppers. You can "customize" the base recipe, however you want.

Red Game Meat Chili

Ingredients

1 Tbsp olive oil

2 lbs. ground game meat

3 cups diced onion

2 cups sliced celery

2 cloves garlic, minced

3 cups diced tomatoes w/juice (canned diced tomatoes)

1 cup tomato sauce

1 cup dry red wine (cabernet sauvignon or merlot)

1 Tbsp beef base (this is a little jar of paste you find at the grocery store)

1 Tbsp chili powder

1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce

1 tsp black pepper

1 tsp red pepper flakes

1 tsp salt

½ tsp ground cumin

¼ tsp cinnamon

3 cups canned kidney beans, drained (optional)

For serving:

Garnish with shredded swiss cheese, sour cream

In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add meat, garlic, onions and celery. Cook until meat is browned. Add remaining ingredients, except kidney beans, and cover.

Bake in a 350°F oven for 1 ½ hours. Add kidney beans, combine and bake for 1 more hour (optional). Adjust chili powder or red pepper flakes to taste. (This is not going to have a thick sauce.)

Note:

Feel free to experiment by adding chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, jalapeno’s etc. to the ingredients.

/ What are you cooking for superbowl? #30  
I've posted this before. I add a small can of Chipotle Chili's in adobo sauce (chop the peppers) and a small can of diced jalapeno peppers. You can "customize" the base recipe, however you want.

Red Game Meat Chili

Ingredients

1 Tbsp olive oil

2 lbs. ground game meat

3 cups diced onion

2 cups sliced celery

2 cloves garlic, minced

3 cups diced tomatoes w/juice (canned diced tomatoes)

1 cup tomato sauce

1 cup dry red wine (cabernet sauvignon or merlot)

1 Tbsp beef base (this is a little jar of paste you find at the grocery store)

1 Tbsp chili powder

1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce

1 tsp black pepper

1 tsp red pepper flakes

1 tsp salt

½ tsp ground cumin

¼ tsp cinnamon

3 cups canned kidney beans, drained (optional)

For serving:

Garnish with shredded swiss cheese, sour cream

In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add meat, garlic, onions and celery. Cook until meat is browned. Add remaining ingredients, except kidney beans, and cover.

Bake in a 350°F oven for 1 ½ hours. Add kidney beans, combine and bake for 1 more hour (optional). Adjust chili powder or red pepper flakes to taste. (This is not going to have a thick sauce.)

Note:

Feel free to experiment by adding chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, jalapeno’s etc. to the ingredients.
Lookin' good! I don't know how many of you know how much the celery adds to the flavor. I always include it...along with some canned green chilies and a can of Rotel!