What Am I Getting Into?.....buying a 2005 Cub Cadet Model 6284.

/ What Am I Getting Into?.....buying a 2005 Cub Cadet Model 6284. #23  
Here is a Google search result for difference between "zert" and "zerk". I always knew them as Zerk Fittings.

Is it Grease Zerk or ZERT?
Both are correct, but two different parts. A zerk is a grease fitting. A zert is a nut zert. it is a threaded insert that is usually installed like a rivet into a frame rail or any place that you can not get a nut on the back side.Sep 24, 2007

Bob B.

/ What Am I Getting Into?.....buying a 2005 Cub Cadet Model 6284. #24  
I'm getting a 2005 CC 6284 with 670 hours and in very good condition....everything works and been service at normal times. I'm paying $4,700.00 and after reading many, many forums reports, there's no parts to be found other than hydraulic fluids and ignitions parts. Caterpillar ..the Perkins engine is no longer is use and parts are rare there. The 6284 has a Model 812 loaded and a 54" mower deck, and the owners says they all work just fine. It will be used to mow about 3 acres at the rear of my 20 acre property, and the loader to mover some dirt time to time, not a 24/7 work load it will be doing. So, is this worth my money, or leave it be and move on to another brand? I've been reading various forums. parts are hard to find, and if you find one, very expensive.
Hello been there twice. I bought a used 6284 awhile back.You sound like you have some of the same probs I have. I saw the pic you posted of the driveshaft. Mine was not bolted like that. I am working on mine now. It turned into a big project. Bolts broken out of the trans mission etc,etc . Lots of labor and a few $$ so far. Where did you find the rubber joint for the main driveshaft? Thanks Bill

/ What Am I Getting Into?.....buying a 2005 Cub Cadet Model 6284.
Hello been there twice. I bought a used 6284 awhile back.You sound like you have some of the same probs I have. I saw the pic you posted of the drive shaft. Mine was not bolted like that. I am working on mine now. It turned into a big project. Bolts broken out of the trans mission etc,etc . Lots of labor and a few $$ so far. Where did you find the rubber joint for the main drive shaft? Thanks Bill
Worings6284, Thanks for the message. Oh Yes, the problem child 6284 with the strangest tractor shaft on record. I searched high and low for those "isolators" for the "anti-vibration" drive shaft. Since Cub Cadet didn't believe making any parts to replace them. I found some on ebay that was for Ford LGT-100, 125,145,165, 120 driveshaft isolators. Here is a web site that has all the information on the Cub Cadet 7000 series, which is the same for the Cub Cadet 6000 series. When you log on, click on "Repair Manuals" in the Red Banner, scroll down to...Cub Cadet -Service--and-repair -manuals. Next..click on Cub Cadet-7000-series-"Domestic-Service- and-Repair Manuals. pdf. Go to page 70 to find low to remove the drive shaft. BTW: I would suggest you print this manual for future use. Replay if you need more info.
"K&T Parts House Lawn Mower Parts and Chain Saw & Trimmer Parts" (mymowerparts.com)

/ What Am I Getting Into?.....buying a 2005 Cub Cadet Model 6284. #26  
Worings6284, Thanks for the message. Oh Yes, the problem child 6284 with the strangest tractor shaft on record. I searched high and low for those "isolators" for the "anti-vibration" drive shaft. Since Cub Cadet didn't believe making any parts to replace them. I found some on ebay that was for Ford LGT-100, 125,145,165, 120 driveshaft isolators. Here is a web site that has all the information on the Cub Cadet 7000 series, which is the same for the Cub Cadet 6000 series. When you log on, click on "Repair Manuals" in the Red Banner, scroll down to...Cub Cadet -Service--and-repair -manuals. Next..click on Cub Cadet-7000-series-"Domestic-Service- and-Repair Manuals. pdf. Go to page 70 to find low to remove the drive shaft. BTW: I would suggest you print this manual for future use. Replay if you need more info.
"K&T Parts House Lawn Mower Parts and Chain Saw & Trimmer Parts" (mymowerparts.com)
Thanks. Have been r

/ What Am I Getting Into?.....buying a 2005 Cub Cadet Model 6284. #27  
Thanks. Have been researching this problem tractor for awhile now. I think mine might be bolted together wrong? Someone else has been into this thing before me. Btw mine is a 2006. I couldn’t figure out how to edit the info. I was going to make my own isolators but couldn’t find any material like it. Ttyl. Bill

/ What Am I Getting Into?.....buying a 2005 Cub Cadet Model 6284. #28  
Oh wow, you really are doing that oddball machine some real justice, good to see she'll see many more years of use.

/ What Am I Getting Into?.....buying a 2005 Cub Cadet Model 6284. #29  
That is a really nice machine. I shud have told you i have a brand new muffler sitting in my attic.....
Awesome deal
That is a really nice machine. I shud have told you i have a brand new muffler sitting in my attic.....
Awesome deal!
hello, do you still have a muffler sitting in your attic that might be for sale?