What’s on Your Bookshelf?

/ What’s on Your Bookshelf?
Do you guys issue library cards?

Just keeping track would overwhelm unless exceptional memory or Dewy Decimal?

I lent out my best book Home and Farm water systems... never came back and Ive asked so many times after 20 years given up...

It was actually a text book in the 60's for AG students... darn I miss that book.

I was Best Man at my friend's wedding and he was helping his wife Grandfather get an old well to produce again... did I say I miss that book?

/ What’s on Your Bookshelf? #23  
Do you guys issue library cards?

Just keeping track would overwhelm unless exceptional memory or Dewy Decimal?

I lent out my best book Home and Farm water systems... never came back and Ive asked so many times after 20 years given up...

It was actually a text book in the 60's for AG students... darn I miss that book.

I was Best Man at my friend's wedding and he was helping his wife Grandfather get an old well to produce again... did I say I miss that book?
Sabotage his well, hide in the bushes, and when he comes out to repair it, jump him! 🙃

/ What’s on Your Bookshelf? #24  
One thing I've learned in the past 15 years is that each time one of our kids moves to a new place, they have yet another book shelf and 4 more boxes of books.

Ouch, my back. :oops:

:p

/ What’s on Your Bookshelf?
Everytime I would ask they would say it's around here somewhere...

Maybe time for another internet search although I have tried with no luck before... the book store closed in the 90's.

/ What’s on Your Bookshelf? #27  
Some of my favorite books that occupy the prime spot in my bookshelf...

- I've had that fishing book since I was a kid. Well worn.
- The Peterson's Field Guide to the Birds was my mom's. She bought me a paperback version when I was a kid, and I wore it out.
- The Explosives and Demolitions field manual was my father's in WWII. Need to know how to blow up a railroad frog? It's in there.
- My father's father was a barber. My father got his barber's license as well to help pay his way through Notre Dame. He finished on the GI bill after the war.

:)

IMG_2766.jpeg

/ What’s on Your Bookshelf? #28  
There are also my 1st teddy bear, pinewood derby cars, pictures of all the male relatives in my family on both sides, and countless other treasures. Boy Scout manual, and a small bible.

It's more of a memento collection than just books..

/ What’s on Your Bookshelf? #29  
I'm all over the map when it comes to reading. I recently finished "The Day of Trinity" about the Manhattan Project. I wanted to read it before I go see Oppenheimer. I was surprised to learn that the Trinity test (first nuclear explosion ever) was actually of the "implosion" style plutonium bomb used on Nagasaki. The "gun barrel" uranium bomb that was used on Hiroshima was never actually tested. However, the data from the Trinity test helped confirm that the Hiroshima bomb was likely to work. I thought that was very interesting.

Another really interesting book for military history/secrecy buff's is "The Taking of K-129". The CIA's elaborate plan to use Howard Hughes as a cover story to raise a sunken Soviet nuclear missile submarine from a depth of 3 miles.