What’s on Your Bookshelf?

/ What’s on Your Bookshelf? #1  

ultrarunner

Epic Contributor
SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
Tractor
Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23 and L3800 and RTV900 with restored 1948 Deere M, 1949 Farmall Cub, 1953 Ford Jubliee and 1957 Ford 740 Row Crop, Craftsman Mower, Deere 350C Dozer 50 assorted vehicles from 1905 to 2006
For me it’s almost all knowledge books ranging from Do it Yourself Home Repair, Auto Repair, Appliance Repair etc.

On the next self are books on the Law, Accounting and Real Estate along with lots of Code Books.

About the only other books are World Atlas and Destination Specific… National Parks, Europe, Exploring Ghost Towns of the West, etc. and a smattering of Tractor and Classic Cars.

No novels or story books unless presented as a gift…

My nieces and nephews have no books per say except the usual Children’s Books and Bible Stories.

I see when people move books often just boxed to the curb and left behind.

/ What’s on Your Bookshelf? #2  
For me it's mostly 'hard core' (non-fantasy) science-fiction. A favourite author is David Weber.

/ What’s on Your Bookshelf? #3  
For me it’s almost all knowledge books ranging from Do it Yourself Home Repair, Auto Repair, Appliance Repair etc.

I'm just the opposite. I read for relaxation...novels, where I can really get away from it all. One room in my house is a dedicated library...one wall in that room is all bookshelves, filled with books.

Full set of Louis L'Amour
Full set of Zane Grey
Full set of Tom Clancy (only the ones he actually wrote himself)
Full set of James Michener
Full set of Ken Follett
Also Lloyd C. Douglas, A. J. Cronin, Ralph Connor and many, many other authors.

Can't stand watching TV...I may watch the local evening news but that's it. So I spend my evenings reading.

/ What’s on Your Bookshelf? #4  
Mostly wildlife books of the northeast.

/ What’s on Your Bookshelf? #5  
Ultra, you sound way too organized for my bookshelf! :ROFLMAO:

We run the gambit in our house. Four very serious readers in the house (I don’t consider myself one of them but I do read gud). I do keep all my shop manuals etc in one place, but everything else is pretty evenly dispersed between many bookshelves/rooms.

/ What’s on Your Bookshelf? #7  
History of International Harvester, History of IH Canada, two history of Allis Chalmers, Minneapolis Moline Tractors, The Complete Book Of Ford Tractors, Hobby Farms Magazine, and years and years worth of Antique Power and Vintage Truck magazines.

Not to mention all my Kubota brochures and manuals, Steiner, Stens and DJ's Tractor Parts catalogs.

/ What’s on Your Bookshelf? #10  
I'm just the opposite. I read for relaxation...novels, where I can really get away from it all. One room in my house is a dedicated library...one wall in that room is all bookshelves, filled with books.

Can't stand watching TV...I may watch the local evening news but that's it. So I spend my evenings reading.
I'm kind of mid-way between you two...a mix of DIY books and novels. Have almost all of the Jack Reacher series and a bunch of John Grisham.

Never used to watch much tv, like deserteagle i'd read in the evenings, but as I've gotten older it's getting hard to focus on print late in the day. Don't watch a ton of tv, maybe an hour or two a day.