Weighting my Ford 1910

/ Weighting my Ford 1910 #1  

Brady D

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 1910, Case farmall 95, John Deere 317g
My Ford 1910 is very light in the front with the 5 foot bush hog on it I ordered 5 50 pound weights that are the same as the originals will that be enough to make a difference

/ Weighting my Ford 1910 #2  
Is it too light on the front to drive around, turn etc? then the extra 5 should help.

If you are thinking its too light to do your brush hogging dont worry, when in cutting position the tail wheel takes most of the weight off the tractor.

/ Weighting my Ford 1910 #3  
Don't use a rigid top link. Chain instead while mowing. While transporting, no need to raise it completely off the ground. If still too heavy, use as much iron weight as you can safely clamp on.

/ Weighting my Ford 1910
Is it too light on the front to drive around, turn etc? then the extra 5 should help.

If you are thinking its too light to do your brush hogging dont worry, when in cutting position the tail wheel takes most of the weight off the tractor.
You can drive around in it pretty easily but if you hit small bumps it will cause the front to ride up on it

/ Weighting my Ford 1910
Don't use a rigid top link. Chain instead while mowing. While transporting, no need to raise it completely off the ground. If still too heavy, use as much iron weight as you can safely clamp on.
From what I’ve seen some 1910s came with weights so I believe the ones I ordered should be enough to hold it down

/ Weighting my Ford 1910 #6  
Well the 250# sure can't hurt... If it still feels squirrely up front, you can always get wheel weights for the front tires.

/ Weighting my Ford 1910 #7  
The mower tail wheel should be on the ground almost all the time.

If tail wheel is off the ground and you are moving over rough ground transitory stress to implement TPH tower and/or tractor TPH can be 2X the weight of the mower.

Last edited:
   / Weighting my Ford 1910 #8  
My Ford 1910 is very light in the front operating a 5 foot bush hog.

Five foot mowers weigh from 400 pounds for light duty models to over 1,000 pounds for heavy duty models.

Two hundred fifty pounds of front weight will certainly counterbalance the TPH mower.

Last edited: