Weight Distribution Hitch Setup

/ Weight Distribution Hitch Setup #1  

94BULLITT

Tractor
yes
Does it look like I have the WDH setup right? I'm setting on completely level ground in the pic.

The jack was not supporting anything.

/ Weight Distribution Hitch Setup #2  
Looks right to me. Just gotta do a little by feel and make sure you're loading weight on your trucks front axle without taking too much away from your drive wheels.

/ Weight Distribution Hitch Setup #3  
looks good with one exception , that looks like a 12K lb trailer behind a f 150 , just watch your weight

/ Weight Distribution Hitch Setup
Thanks for the replies. I don't know if you guys could see it but I am somewhat concerned about the trunnion bars. Should they be bowed like they are?

This pic may show them a little better.

Looks right to me. Just gotta do a little by feel and make sure you're loading weight on your trucks front axle without taking too much away from your drive wheels.

I measured the front and rear bumpers of truck without any weight on it then messed around with the WDH and kept checking the measurements. I did not drive the truck after adjusting the hitch. The truck handled good before I adjusted the hitch hopefully it will handle better.

looks good with one exception , that looks like a 12K lb trailer behind a f 150 , just watch your weight

Lol, I've heard that before. I've had 2 guys tell me it is too much trailer for the truck. The one guy said his truck (2015 Ram 3500 with a Cummins) would not pull it:laughing:. I don't plan on loading it to 12k but the F-150's with the max tow in this year could tow 11,700 and there is not much different on them. If I go to the quarry I'll tell them to 3 tons on it.

/ Weight Distribution Hitch Setup #5  
What are the specs of your WDH system? Don't recall mine bowing that much.

/ Weight Distribution Hitch Setup #6  
Looks like you have the wrong bars for the weight.

/ Weight Distribution Hitch Setup #7  
You may have the bars a bit tight, I personally never use a WD hitch but have had to adjust a few for people. If they are too tight they have the potential of bending something and I did see one in a dip that lifted the rear axle almost off the ground and bent the receiver. I have the same dump and tow it loaded with wood with my F-150 all the time. When I haul gravel or dirt I will use the 250, that adds up the weight fast. CJ

/ Weight Distribution Hitch Setup #8  
Here is what mine look like. It's a 15K setup and I'm running about 1500 lbs. of tongue weight and 12000 lbs of trailer.

PICT0033.jpg

I would say you have either the wrong bars for you tongue weight, or you have them setup to offset too much weight. Your truck should not bet setting at the same level in the back as it was unhitched. The front axle should actually be unloaded slightly (1/2" increase in gap between tire and fender) and the rear should squat a few inches given that load.

/ Weight Distribution Hitch Setup #10  
I have a set of #1000 bars on our trailer travel and the bars have a littleDSCF7210.jpg tension but not enough to "bow" the bars. There are several videos on Youtube for correct setup. Measure at your fender wells before and after you hitch up your using the WDH. Also a trip to the truck scales will let you know if the hitch is working correctly. With our TT I run with the trailer nose down about 1.5 inch low which allows big trucks to pass with less turburlance The starting point is getting the ball at the correct height. Good luck.DSCF7210.jpgDSCF7210.jpg

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

4909 John Deere 8R 370 C/A MFD IVT ILS 485 HOURS 480/80R50/DUALS 420/85R34 FRONT DUALS, RIGHT HAN... (A34733)
4909 John Deere 8R...
2 HOLE DOG BOX... (A34808)
2 HOLE DOG BOX...
BRASS GRAIN PROBE & GRAIN SIFT PAN (A34808)
BRASS GRAIN PROBE...
NEW GREATBEAR 1 YARD SELF DUMPING HOPPER SCRAP RECYCLING EQUIPMENT (A34907)
NEW GREATBEAR 1...
New Hydraulic Snow Plow (A34302)
New Hydraulic Snow...
2023 JD 325G Compact Track Loader (A33783)
2023 JD 325G...