Water pressure/ flow question

/ Water pressure/ flow question #11  
When I built my house I was at the end of the pressure zone and due to undersize mains in my area the water company boosted the pressure to 150 PSI.I felt that that was too much pressure for the 2” 700’ long PVC lateral to the house so I added a pressure regulator at the meter set at 80 PSI.

80 PSI is too high for the house so I have a second regulator at the house reduced to 60 PSI. No issues for almost 20 years.

The district has since replaced the undersized mains and reduced pressure to 120 PSI.

But for fire protection I added a loop with a second valve that allow me to bypassed the meter regulator providing full pressure for my 500’ of 1 1/2” fire hose.

I have 3 different 1 1/2” connections that allow me to set up 3 different coverages simultaneously.

/ Water pressure/ flow question #12  
You need to buy a pressure guage and test for yourself. I would want first regulator AFTER 3/4 meter if possible.
Other than possible leaks caused by higher pressure,having regulator at house is better than 450' away at meter. However it might be possible to have your cake and eat it to. Try setting regulator at meter to 95 psi and one at house at 60psi. I would want at least one hydrant before regulator at house to make it easy to monitor supply pressure plus high pressure hose is often nice to have.

/ Water pressure/ flow question
I'll get a pressure guage and take the regulator up from the road side in the next couple of weekends.

Do you know if this has a water saver in it?
20240319_191454.jpg

/ Water pressure/ flow question #14  
When I built my house, code said anti-siphon on all hose bibs.
Talk about flow restricting. As soon as we got COO, those were removed.
Those bibs you have there may have something of an anti siphon valve built into them?
Patrick

/ Water pressure/ flow question #15  
I'll get a pressure guage and take the regulator up from the road side in the next couple of weekends.

Do you know if this has a water saver in it?
View attachment 857995
Nice catch @34Willys!

As @34Willys caught, the knob at the top houses an antisiphon valve, which may, or may not affect flow, but I prefer to have the antisiphon valves on the garden hose side, as not everything needs it in my view, and it is much cheaper/easier to replace when needed.

FWIW: For outdoor uses, I have moved to 3/4" pipe, with 3/4" ball valves for better flow.

All the best,

Peter

/ Water pressure/ flow question #16  
I think those outdoor drain back/not freeze style bib valves would have to anti syphon, or they wouldn't be able to drain back through the wall as designed?
I've never lived where it's so cold, so long that I would consider them.
Patrick

/ Water pressure/ flow question #17  
Those are frost free, anti siphon silcocks. I don't believe they have an intentional flow restrictor in them. Why are there two side by side?

/ Water pressure/ flow question #18  
Hot and Cold??? maybe for RV?

/ Water pressure/ flow question
Yes hot and cold. It was the closest one I could get a quick pic of. I had them add hot, cold and a drain on the back porch. I plan on putting a sink out there to use when I'm grilling. I'll hook it up in the summer and unhook it in the winter.

/ Water pressure/ flow question #20  
That sounds really tough. It's understandable to feel worried, but it's great that your doctor is taking steps to investigate further with an ultrasound of your kidneys. Hopefully, it'll provide some answers and help put your mind at ease.
In the meantime, when I experienced water damage that wreaked havoc on half of my house, water damage restoration services were a real lifesaver. If you're still feeling uncertain or anxious about your situation, they might have some helpful advice or insights to offer. Don't hesitate to reach out to them for support.