Re: Wasabi\'s 2445

Another....Arrgh, Arrgh, Arrgh!!!

Attachments

• 54-165960-Crusty2.jpg
    54-165960-Crusty2.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 123
   / Wasabi's 2445 #12  

Doug, It's a great looking beastie! I wish my 425 would lift that high. Congratulations! /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Wasabi's 2445 #13  

Very cool pics, dude! Awesome mo-chine! I think your pics are as good or better than the ones on PT's web-site. More pics, please!

It looks like the front wheels are quite far forward of the point where the lift arms are attached to the body. That's good, presumably would help keep the weight in the bucket better distributed and less likely to tip the machine forward. Very cool.

What's the list of attachments that you got with it?

Dave

/ Wasabi's 2445 #14  

congratulation you are now the world test pilot for 2445's h.c. ... i think you made a very good choice ... i want one of them too .... right after i get a 1800 type slope machine .... good luck

/ Wasabi's 2445 #15  

Wasabi,

Nice machine. Any problems with the machine so far. It looks to be in great shape. Have fun and keep us posted.

Duane

/ Wasabi's 2445 #16  

Great pics!

Noticed that the tire tread is reversed on the front and rear wheels. Any reason?

/ Wasabi's 2445 #18  

Thanks to all for comments. Sorry to be so long in responding, but I was away from computers up in the mountains for the weekend, getting some needed seat time. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Attachment list that is in my profile does not include the brush hog and tiller I intend to get. Also contemplating a cement mixer and grapple bucket as we have significant amount of brush to process (chipper is next on the wish list).

This is a used machine and I have had a few problems/challenges, which I chalk up in the "to be expected" category. A few short hours after acquisition, I found one of the high-pressure hoses was leaking...took a few days and a barrel full of cuss words to find it, but I finally did. Also discoved that the shaft of the new auger I ordered is too big (dia) for the drill head...which may be an older model or something...so I'll have to sand or grind it down to fit.

This past weekend I dug out around the throat of an active culvert with the backhoe. All went well until, just as I was wrapping the project up, the topmost large hydraulic cylinder began squirting oil. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif (In examining the cylinder, it was obvious that someone had attempted to remove cover and perhaps jerry-rigged a fix). I've not yet found out what the replacement cylinder will run me, but it is a big one so I expect a few hundred dollars. I'm sure I'll learn some things in the process.

I've double checked all other hoses, etc., and am putting together a maintenance schedule to include systematic replacement of older hoses....I figure a year from no I'll have essentially rebuilt the whole machine. I'm now replacing all filters and looking for the parts to install in dash pressure and temp guages for the hydraulic fluid (oil) as well as an inline (toggle) oil filtering/purge system to make sure that fluid stays clean.

Never even noticed the treads on the front and back wheels were different, MossRoad....I suspect it was inadvertantly done when the wheels were switched.

/ Wasabi's 2445 #19  

If tire treads have certain direction, is it supposed to give you better traction going forward? Will that give you worse traction going backwards?

Maybe the previous owner wanted to have equal traction in either direction /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif.

Anyway, it sounds like you're geting some things done to the machine to make it dependable. And it sounds like you're having fun doing the work. Sure beats doing it by hand, yes? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Wasabi's 2445 #20  

/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif My experiences with my old PT1418 are similar to Doug's, work with it/work on it/work with it/work on it...it just takes a little while to get it all back right! But, even having to stop working with it to work on it, I still would agree with MossRoad, beats the h*ll out of a shovel and wheelbarrow!

Dave