Warranty misleading

/ Warranty misleading #21  
On perfectly flat ground the heel of my bucket won’t even touch the ground, I usually have to tilt the bucket in order to back drag . But because of reading about bending cylinders on this forum I have been a little extra careful about it and so far not caused any damage

/ Warranty misleading #22  
I usually use the edge, but at a shallow angle. The heel is maybe 2-6 inches higher than the edge.

Unfortunately, a lot of us learned 'how' to perform some tasks from others who didn't follow mfg instructions. Many operate on a 'if I can make the tractor do this, it is the way'. You see the same problem in other aspects of life, too.

• Good Post
Reactions: D&D
   / Warranty misleading #23  
There are no circuit relief valves in compact or most ag equipment
So when you go over the rated pressure of the system something will give way

/ Warranty misleading #24  
I think we homeowners use compact tractors like bulldozers sometimes and then wonder why parts break.
If I back drag with the bucket I'm doing it in the float position and with loose material like gravel.

/ Warranty misleading #25  
Very informative. I have regularly back dragged on hard driveway with bucket pointed down like that, lifting front of tractor up on Kubota L3901 and John Deere 310E ,,, sooo you’re saying I shouldn’t do that?

/ Warranty misleading #26  
On perfectly flat ground the heel of my bucket won’t even touch the ground, I usually have to tilt the bucket in order to back drag . But because of reading about bending cylinders on this forum I have been a little extra careful about it and so far not caused any damage

I think its ok if you keep the bucket bottom just off level rather than curling it all the way down.

/ Warranty misleading #27  
Yes it is, which imho means the oem prob should have addressed it a very long time ago, cost would have been relatively minor to have used a beefier ram shaft, who doesnt use a tractor to back drag
My new (to me) CAT 977 has cylinders as big as my leg. It will take an awful lot to bend them. Although I'm sure someone has figured out how to do it.

Actually, the little tiny John Deere 440ic with the ATCO loader looks like the loader is built pretty tough. But, that is a bit more industrial than most tractor loaders.

What I've found is that front end loaders seem to be sized to the tractor. In particular for lifting. So my Ford 1715 seems to have very weak lifting. But, that is likely in part safety. Don't ever lift anything that you don't have enough weight in the rear end to handle. And, more ballast, more lifting, something is bound to break.

Back dragging puts the entire engine hp into the bucket. I can see how it may not be designed to handle it.

Pushing stretches the cylinders, while back dragging compresses them (and folds them into a pretzel).

One could reverse the cylinder orientation so they're closed when the bucket is straight down, and open when the bucket is curled to its maximum lifting angle. That would help some for this specific instance of bulldozing either direction. Although, if the loader is primarily designed for pushing or lifting, then having the cylinders to stretch on lifting is probably much better.

/ Warranty misleading #28  
Must be just my experience, but I disagree that back dragging is dangerous for a CUT. I agree that the Branson FEL is under engineered and should not have bent. Bad testimony to the brand.

/ Warranty misleading #29  
Ita happening on more than just Branson... I think that's where the caution comes in

/ Warranty misleading #30  
Here is a orange tractor with the same bad design.

IMG_0195.jpeg