Warranty misleading

/ Warranty misleading #11  
Even a piece of A36 1 1/2” steel rod should easily hold 35 to 50 ksi
Hard to believe it put anywhere near that amount of force on it as a bending moment

That is not bending,,
the rod is acting as a column,, totally different.

The column length (height) is the rod PLUS the length of the remainder of the cylinder.
That ends up being a VERY long column.

It is kinda like putting a 4 foot pipe on your 3/8" ratchet,,
DANG, the stupid rachet broke!!!

backing up with the bucket pointed down, creates a tremendous mechanical advantage.
If the cylinders had only been extended half as long, the column height would have been half,,
The cylinders would have survived.

/ Warranty misleading #12  
As Cadplans said ..."backing up with the bucket pointed down, creates a tremendous mechanical advantage."

The issue is not supporting the weight of the tractor, it's the back dragging the bucket through the dump linkage geometry that overloads the dump cylinders. Even with construction equipment, the best practice is to use the heel of the bucket to back drag.

/ Warranty misleading #13  
The warranty very clearly states that it is for the tractor. Not uncommon at all.

The back dragging issue is well documented on all brands.

/ Warranty misleading
Yes it is, which imho means the oem prob should have addressed it a very long time ago, cost would have been relatively minor to have used a beefier ram shaft, who doesnt use a tractor to back drag
But my biggest complaint isnt the failure itself as much as the no response from TYM at all
Nonetheless add my voice to the long list of failures

/ Warranty misleading #15  
Sorry you experienced the failure. TYM, like many other manufacturers, choose to communicate with end users through the dealer. That is why the dealer reached out to you on behalf of TYM.

This failure would not normally be covered by warranty no matter the manufacturer. This would be covered by my insurance policy. If you have it insured, check your policy.

/ Warranty misleading #17  
Sorry you experienced the failure. TYM, like many other manufacturers, choose to communicate with end users through the dealer. That is why the dealer reached out to you on behalf of TYM.

This failure would not normally be covered by warranty no matter the manufacturer. This would be covered by my insurance policy. If you have it insured, check your policy.

This! If you financed your machine you were (most likely) required to have insurance and potentially it would cover this.

/ Warranty misleading #18  
In the booklet for my t25 it says to use the heal of the bucket for back dragging to prevent cylinder damage. Hard to get used to doing after running real equipment and using the cutting edge. I agree getting ahold of tym is a pita