Warnings on new Kubota

/ Warnings on new Kubota #1  

kohog

Tractor
Kubota L6060 Grandcab
We have a '22 Kubota L6060 Grandcab we keep on some property in the FL Panhandle. I was working it reasonably hard ystdy in L 4wd pushing thick bunches of Youpon Holly I had severed at the base with a pole saw with the bucket into the surrounding young Loblollies. If left alone these groves of Youpon rapidly narrow our trails & often scrape the paintwork & flatten mirrors on our vehicles. Whilst 30/mins into doing this there was a loud beep in the cabin & three yellow warning icons appeared at the bottom right of the dash and flashed. One was bulbous & had UP printed in the middle, the other two looked like sideways showers. I first looked at the temp guage - which was in its normal position so quickly parked uneventfully, checked for leaks - none I could see - and when home checked the manual which really wasn't that helpful. The closest I could find in the manual was the bulbous icon which warned of possible low oil pressure due to too low revs. It didn't mention anything about a beep. Oil level was OK. Except when working the PTO (@2200 RPM) I do tend to use low revs, at least lower than recommend by the dealer. Would that be all it is? I should also mention it has run for 26/hrs, 1/hr. past dealer recommended first oil change.

/ Warnings on new Kubota #2  
A owners manual that isn't clear on the dash light meanings? That's not very user friendly. Newer tractors just idling around the property will have issues at some point. What do you do that will work the tractor?

/ Warnings on new Kubota #6  
   / Warnings on new Kubota
Thanks, dear fellow tractor folk. I was wondering if that may be the case but had no reference so parked asap so I could investigate more. Since it obviously didn't regen, will it ask again with same warnings next time on start up? And how long do regens typically last? I'm relieved it's not a major problem, and at least I now know what to do - thanks again all...

/ Warnings on new Kubota
A owners manual that isn't clear on the dash light meanings? That's not very user friendly. Newer tractors just idling around the property will have issues at some point. What do you do that will work the tractor?
Mostly pushing with the bucket and brush hogging.

/ Warnings on new Kubota #9  
I think you will have to do parked regen now since you turned it off. Is there not a sticker on your dash displaying these symbols and how to proceed? If not, look in the owners manual. Do not avoid parked regen or you will go in limp mode and have to take the tractor to the shop.

/ Warnings on new Kubota #10  
Thanks, dear fellow tractor folk. I was wondering if that may be the case but had no reference so parked asap so I could investigate more. Since it obviously didn't regen, will it ask again with same warnings next time on start up? And how long do regens typically last? I'm relieved it's not a major problem, and at least I now know what to do - thanks again all......
I'd like to know something about that too. I've got the same engine - I think. It's the venerable Kubota V2403. A 4 cylinder of roughly 2400 cc with a slightly undersquare configuration that goes back generations. We bought ours before that motor had regeneration equipment. One of the things I enjoy most is what I'd call "contemplative tractor work". Sometimes just putting around at low rpm doing some landscaping, or more likely using the hoe & thumb to place stones building a rock wall. We've got endless rocks in the several hundred pound size. Most of this tractor's life has been spent at a leisurely 1000/1200 rpm. It runs perfectly.

I assume that on the newer model tractors that if you are willing to let it regen for half an hour every 25 or 50 hours, it can be run at low speeds the rest of the time. Is this correct?? How many run their tractors that way?

rScotty