Vibratory plow water installation $

/ Vibratory plow water installation $ #1  

Dadnatron

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5100e with FEL
I have a question about your experience with having 2" PVC with a tracer wire installed 48" depth.

What is the 'going rate' per linear foot installed? Is there a difference between 2" PVC glued pipe vs 3/4" black coil? If so, what is your guess on $ difference.

I was quoted $5.12/ft for the PVC.

/ Vibratory plow water installation $ #2  
A company with dozer mounted tooth designed to lay an orange pipe for Fiber optic cable. They Just finished laying a line along our highway. and one of the men said the cost was 10 a foot and higher if having to use a vibrator to bust rock.
Don't know what you have underground until bur rolled pipe may be same amount.

/ Vibratory plow water installation $
I’ve just been trying to find approximate costs. It seems excessive, but it’s not what I do, so I’m certainly not truly able to decide. But when I look at what was done on my property. Think about the time involved. Thing about the work involved. I know I could have a very good living, doing nothing but that job if I owned the business. It took 2 months to get it done. They are backlogged that long. No one else does it here, not with a vibratory plow. They weren’t “good” at it... they were simply the only game in town. And it’s a big, financially capable town.

They did a decent job. Not a good job, but the basis of the work was completed. It was left a mess. But the water is on, which is what I paid for.

Quite honestly... I’m tempted to try to build a company to do it. The work does have a learning curve... but not that intensive of one. I just don’t have the time nor knowledge to do so. But I’d seriously think about hiring ‘the right guy’, if I knew who he was. There are a few things I’ve found that could be well compensated if I didn’t have a career. This is definitely one I’d move towards quickly, should that be necessary.

/ Vibratory plow water installation $ #4  
Why so deep? My 150hp vermeer can only do 42 inch. Its not cheap to use. 12 to 24 inch is a whole different ball game.

/ Vibratory plow water installation $ #5  
A company with dozer mounted tooth designed to lay an orange pipe for Fiber optic cable. They Just finished laying a line along our highway. and one of the men said the cost was 10 a foot and higher if having to use a vibrator to bust rock.
Don't know what you have underground until bur rolled pipe may be same amount.
That is more expensive than directional boring. You can't plow through Rock. Bore it or saw it.

/ Vibratory plow water installation $
Why so deep? My 150hp vermeer can only do 42 inch. Its not cheap to use. 12 to 24 inch is a whole different ball game.

Fair enough, I mistakenly stated 48"... that is completely incorrect, and I'm not sure why I typed that depth. It would be placed at around 32". Main water for barn.

/ Vibratory plow water installation $ #7  
The dozer mounted tooth designed to lay roll pipe or orange pipe for fiber optic use. it took a day to lay I mile across our land along the road. in soft soil it buried to over the tracks and required a track hoe to pull as dozer mixed mud to lay the cable then just passed our property the travel came to a stop and a hammer tooth equipment has beat a ditch to lay the fiber pipe .every day all day have to listen to this rock busting tooth beat the rock .They have not cut a ditch of over 1/4 mile . so a dozer with the pipe rack on top ,small rubber track hoe and large track hoe along with several trucks and men . and constant hammering all day. wonder about the cost .
when state dept. improved the road they drilled row of holes loaded explosive charges and cleared the area and rocks, dirt and tree roots covered our fields no houses in the area. this has to be cheaper than todays method of constant hammering.

ken