UTV - Trying to Decide

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #141  
I never got the “dump bed” thing

Had a gator, neighbor has an RTV1100

A POS rolled 18ga sheet metal or molded plastic “dump bed” functioning mostly as storage is not what a utv makes, for me

Loaded the neighbor’s rtv bed up once with boulders-rocks

1)definitely would never “machine” drop load it
2) bent the living crap out of it, despite being under capacity
3) seemed fine for mulch/sand/firewood or your saws

(And that was a “good” bed.)

I would only consider toolcat or greater (own a tracked dumper for real work)

Too much$ for a wheelbarrow vs a trailer. There is plenty of room to stuff all your tools in many similar vehicles. Imho the “dump bed” is about as valuable as my 3pt tool carrier and not a selling point.

An absolute workhorse on the farm. Have no idea how many loads of material I've hauled and unloaded with a lever pull.

20151009_140001 (1280x720).jpg

20151009_140847 (1280x720).jpg

20151011_110730 (1280x720).jpg

20151108_134756 (1280x720).jpg

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #143  
Exactly a year ago, I bought my father a Cat UTV. I had rented it on a jobsite, it was brand new then and after the job was offered it at a very good price by the Cat Dealer.

It really is pretty awesome. Goes way faster than I'm comfortable with, has a nice heavy built bed, 4x4 with electronic lockers front and rear and runs so smooth. Cat yellow too, so that is pretty cool.

The bad is this: Not all dealers carry them and the ones who don't, won't support them. I've been having a heck of a time just sourcing a battery (Dad wants the original Cat battery). What happens when we need hard parts?

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #144  
@ovrszd
VERY convincing pics! Makes me want one even more!!
An RTV is a miniature 4wd ton truck w/dump bed that only goes 25mph. Ours never leaves the farm so the speed isn't an issue. I "stole" this one used with 150hrs for $5,500.

But I still "want" a Can-Am Defender. I'd look good cruising country back roads in one. Leaving the heavy work to the RTV. :)

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #145  
Exactly a year ago, I bought my father a Cat UTV. I had rented it on a jobsite, it was brand new then and after the job was offered it at a very good price by the Cat Dealer.

It really is pretty awesome. Goes way faster than I'm comfortable with, has a nice heavy built bed, 4x4 with electronic lockers front and rear and runs so smooth. Cat yellow too, so that is pretty cool.

The bad is this: Not all dealers carry them and the ones who don't, won't support them. I've been having a heck of a time just sourcing a battery (Dad wants the original Cat battery). What happens when we need hard parts?
I've never saw one!!!! I'll have to research that. Got any pics?

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #146  
An RTV is a miniature 4wd ton truck w/dump bed that only goes 25mph. Ours never leaves the farm so the speed isn't an issue. I "stole" this one used with 150hrs for $5,500.

But I still "want" a Can-Am Defender. I'd look good cruising country back roads in one. Leaving the heavy work to the RTV. :)
That is a steal! I would love a RTV, but they are pretty high right now, understandably they are well built.

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #147  

I looked hard at the diesel version of the CAT UTV last spring, but our dealer didn't even know it existed. They did think it was neat though and then they wanted one. Lol. As far as parts, I swear I read they were made by another company.. Arctic cat maybe? Had a lot of similarities if I recall.

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #148  
Picture of the Cat as requested! This was before we cleaned it up and gave it to my Dad. It was brand new last year, and has about 250 hours on it now.

Attachments

• CUV82.jpg
    CUV82.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 206

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #149  
Yes - the Cats are built by Textron who owns Artic Cat. The front differential actually has Artic Cat and their logo embossed on the case. I'm pretty sure the only Cat specific item on the whole rig is the key switch!

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #150  
Yep, Neighbor’s rtv was good for wood and loose soil (hauling it not necessarily getting though it)
Great pics!