UTV cab loud

/ UTV cab loud #1  

K man

Platinum Member
Tractor
2014 Kioti CK 30 HST with cab. 2018 Cub Cadet Challenger 750 EPS UTV
Hi all UTV lovers, how many find them very loud especially inside a close in cab. I have a windshield, back and side windows and find it very loud inside. Is there some kind of insulation/muffling material available out there to kill the sound in the cab. Thanks for any input
Gilles

/ UTV cab loud #2  
A headliner helps a lot. If you can’t get a factory one, then I suggest using firewall sound deadener for cars.

/ UTV cab loud #3  
I recently got a Kubota 1100 with a cab..yes..its noisy inside. More so than I expected. But for the little time I'm going to be in it..its fine. I think that if it were something I would be in 5-8 hrs a day every day.. I would look at a belt drive gas job instead of a hydro diesel.

/ UTV cab loud #4  
I've got more than 1000 hours in UTV's with cabs. I use ear plugs, they are your friend.

Last edited:
   / UTV cab loud
A headliner helps a lot. If you can’t get a factory one, then I suggest using firewall sound deadener for cars.

Sorry, could you specify "headliner". Most of the noise is coming from under the seat and I am trying to find a material that is thin, water, fire and sound proof.

/ UTV cab loud
I've got more than 1000 hours in UTV's with a cabs. I use ear plugs, they are your friend.

I hear you, I wear ear muffs like chainsaw operators use.

/ UTV cab loud #7  
You should be able to find some black, closed cell, neoprene foam of any thickness. This is what the manufactures use and it came be glued.

Sorry, could you specify "headliner". Most of the noise is coming from under the seat and I am trying to find a material that is thin, water, fire and sound proof.

/ UTV cab loud
I recently got a Kubota 1100 with a cab..yes..its noisy inside. More so than I expected. But for the little time I'm going to be in it..its fine. I think that if it were something I would be in 5-8 hrs a day every day.. I would look at a belt drive gas job instead of a hydro diesel.

Mine is gas. I only use the cab for snow plowing other than that the doors, back window and windshield come off for the warm weather. I will only be in the cab 20 minutes tops on the snow plowing job.

/ UTV cab loud #9  
Dynamat.com | Dynamat Sound Damping | Thermal Solutions or the equivalent is what people use to quiet down cars. I have read some people have even applied it to the inside of the plastic fender liners (not where water splashes) in cars to knock down tire and road noise. Some people get pretty obsessed trying quiet things down.

/ UTV cab loud
Thanks I will look into that product.