Looking for a work capable and light recreational UTV.

/ Looking for a work capable and light recreational UTV.
I guess the real questions are how soon do you need it, and what is actually available. Seems anything with a computer chip is on long delays for new equipment.

Some five year old cars are selling for more than their original sticker price. A few older cars are selling for four or five times their original sticker price. There seems to be a similar level of crazy for tractors. So, a similar market condition in the ATV/UTV arena wouldn’t be a surprise. One local ATV/UTV/Motorcycle shop has about 20% of the inventory they normally have, and their prices are up considerably. The other local just pain doesn’t have any new inventory of ATV/UTV or sleds. He has quite a few accessories such as trailers, ATV/UTV towed trailers, racks, etc. But no new, and very few used things with motors.

Yeah inventory is pretty limited. There's not a ton around here. A local shop has a Mule Pro MX EPS in stock for ~14k OTD, but most places it's orders only. I'm not in a huge rush to be honest. I would love to have one this summer for running around, but by next winter, ideally, I want something in place.

/ Looking for a work capable and light recreational UTV. #42  
Yeah inventory is pretty limited. There's not a ton around here. A local shop has a Mule Pro MX EPS in stock for ~14k OTD,....

Pretty fair price, I think that's the version I have; PS, cast wheels, and a roof (which I took off and don't use). In fact I removed the doors as well which make it even easier to get on and off and just more fun. BTW a Mule MX will run 44-45 mph. That one wouldn't last be on a dealer lot around here very long.

/ Looking for a work capable and light recreational UTV. #43  
As stated earlier, our locale dealership might not have got in a single machine we wanted next summer,,,,, so we ordered one this fall. :rolleyes:

/ Looking for a work capable and light recreational UTV. #44  
Throwing another make into the mix, we’ve been considering an Intimidator Classic, their base model. In our case we’re considering their EV model that adds to the price, but pricing out the Classic with the 750cc Kohler gas (they offer a diesel upgrade as well), and some upgrades including the dump bed and Armortech cab comes out under $20,000.

E6097989-B53D-4391-BECE-32FC1B5F4732.jpeg

/ Looking for a work capable and light recreational UTV. #45  
I've always had good luck with Yamaha going back to the late 70's getting my first (used) dual sport. The Wolverine R-Spec has the recreational suspension but it's a worker bee too. Not long after they came out with the X2 and a bigger engine. Looking at prices today Yikes!

/ Looking for a work capable and light recreational UTV. #46  
No shock, its supply and demand. :rolleyes: I Looked for more than a year about found used can-am 6x6's at new prices so we ordered a new one. Just two years earlier I had priced them and found they'd now gone up by about $4000. Snooze-ya-lose I guess. 😳

/ Looking for a work capable and light recreational UTV. #47  
As JamesHW above... I would throw the Intimidator into the mix... except check out the GC1K or the truck version that has fold down bed sides. The bed is electric dump and the suspension is heavier than anything else you will find on the market..the seats are also bolstered and you site higher up.. and with the slopped front end profile you can see in the front a lot better than others. I attached a couple pics of mine.

Attachments

• 20210701_185940.jpg
    20210701_185940.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 73
  • 20210701_185929.jpg
    20210701_185929.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 84