UTTF weights?

/ UTTF weights? #1  

Steve_Miller

Veteran Member
Tractor
2006 Kioti CK30HST
I have a chance to buy some Gulf UTTF 80W. Are there different s weights to UTTF? I thought it was universal fluid meaning it would work in most brand of tractor.
Thanks Steve

/ UTTF weights? #3  
You can get tractor hydraulic fluid in different weights. Some is just hydraulic fluid and some is intended for use in the transmission as well. What you want depends on what your tractor wants. If you have an HST transmission go by manufacturer recommendations.

/ UTTF weights?
I agree but most UTTF / UDT fluids from what I’ve seen don’t put the weight on the label. For example, what is the weighting of Kubota UDT / UDT2 fluid? This oil says it’s compatible with Kubota UDT fluid which I’m assuming would be fine for my Kioti (other than it may make a cringy face if I used it 😂)
I never really knew the weighting of these fluids, thought they were all compatible. Thanks for any info.

Attachments

• IMG_2761.png
    IMG_2761.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 40
   / UTTF weights? #6  
Most UTF will be labeled some were in there data sheets with a weight usually it will be a multi weight,
such as 10-30 or 10-40 the higher end fluids may be 5-30 or 5-40.
I hadn't noticed one with a straight 80W which in gear lubes is about the same viscosity as 30 weight motor oil.