Using a chain as top link with attachments

/ Using a chain as top link with attachments #51  
I've never had any indication that my LPGS was going to do anything other than lie flat and run along the ground. Even with the scarifiers down. It is the only land engagement implement where the hydraulic top link does next to nothing. I guess if there ever was something that caused the plane to raise up - the top link would stop that.

That's what makes the LPGS so easy to learn and use. Just hook it up and drag it. It works like a charm.

/ Using a chain as top link with attachments #52  
I use the top link to adjust the amount of engagement or depth of cut.
Lay it flat and both blades cut as deep as possible, tilt the back down to raise the front blade and do a finish pass with less cutting, more smoothing.

Attachments

• IMG_3095.jpg
    IMG_3095.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 22
   / Using a chain as top link with attachments #53  
I use the top link to adjust the amount of engagement or depth of cut.
Lay it flat and both blades cut as deep as possible, tilt the back down to raise the front blade and do a finish pass with less cutting, more smoothing.

Or conversely, lift the back and put all the pressure on the front blade and it cuts more aggressively. Good for a starting pass on a hard packed road w/o scarifiers.

Grading.JPG

gg

/ Using a chain as top link with attachments #54  
Another use for my top link is for the same reason I used a chain top link. Sections of my long road drain all to one side. A crown does not work. There is no ditch on the high side because of ledge. To enhance the drainage to one side on long down hill sections I have several broad based dips ( like a wide water bar in a woods road but wide enough so it is not uncomfortable to drive thru them ). If I did not adjust the top link to keep the grader flat to the surface as I graded thru these dips they would soon get filled in and a mound would build instead. The chain top link also let the grader ride thru the contour flat.

gg