User Titles Explained

/ User Titles Explained #91  
says i have no permissions via your link. it does not show up on my regular page. anyway someone can turn it on for me please?
3rd post "Top 30 Posters" link. Yep it's broken due to new format.
Top posters, can be found under "members" (top center on the section links-list bar) click it, and then click the "See more..." button under any one to expand it.

Last edited:
   / User Titles Explained #93  
The way I see it, the post count is a reflection of your growth and maturity as a person and member here. When you start out as a new member/apprentice you don't know much and are like a child needing to be feed and cared for by the community. After enough time is spent doing research, studying, reading, talking and listening to others you then reach the point where you have knowledge to contribute. Eventually, if you stick with this stuff long enough you reach maturity/journeyman status and you become a valuable resource for knowledge and information. Post count is just a reflection of that growth and maturity.

/ User Titles Explained #94  
I agree to a point. Another big factor would be personality. Some folks naturally tend to contribute to conversations, others prefer to listen. No right or wrong, just different. Time is another factor. It's Spring Break here, so I have a bit more time than usual. More time to read more threads and higher likelihood I will have a relevant thought.

/ User Titles Explained #96  
The way I see it, the post count is a reflection of your growth and maturity as a person and member here. When you start out as a new member/apprentice you don't know much and are like a child needing to be feed and cared for by the community. After enough time is spent doing research, studying, reading, talking and listening to others you then reach the point where you have knowledge to contribute. Eventually, if you stick with this stuff long enough you reach maturity/journeyman status and you become a valuable resource for knowledge and information. Post count is just a reflection of that growth and maturity.
note that @Muhammad still does not have 20,000 posts OR a tractor :)

/ User Titles Explained #97  
To some extent, I can see that. But let's not confuse quantity with quality.

/ User Titles Explained
To some extent, I can see that. But let's not confuse quantity with quality.
That's why we added the good post button last year. Maybe we could use a formula to track % of posts that got a good post vote in the past year and use that to create a quality rating?

/ User Titles Explained #100  
That's why we added the good post button last year. Maybe we could use a formula to track % of posts that got a good post vote in the past year and use that to create a quality rating?

Do we have some goal we are trying to accomplish with this? I've never really paid much attention to my own user label. I do occasionally look at others - a combination of the join date and the post count to get an idea of how long they've been around and how active they are. (Again keeping in mind that longevity and quantity of posts are not necessarily an indicator of knowledge/quality of posts.)

I'll admit I often forget all about clicking on the "good post" button, and forget to look at the reactions to posts I'm reading. There have been some great posts that I've benefited from, but I have failed to click on. For the most part, we have a friendly sharing of information, and when things start to go off track, the moderators do a good job of reining it back in. I hope whatever we do doesn't shift the atmosphere to a Facebook or Tik-tok style "likes" competition.